PDA

View Full Version : Minding own Grandchildren

Nicky
03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I am going to become a granny :clapping:

The question is I have been told that I must inform Ofsted if I mind my grandchild. I am a registered childminder and will be caring for other children alongside the grandchild. So is it correct that I have to tell them.

Any info will be great. Thanks

The Juggler
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't know hon, it might work like your own children and they will change your certificate to reflect i.e. it will say only 2 under 5's instead of 3 again???

Not sure though.

Cammie Doodle
03-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Mmm not sure if you do, but surely as long as you are within your numbers it would be ok. Someone may be along to advise soon

Goatgirl
03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
HI,
Unless there's something new, you don't have to tell them, but obviously he will count in your numbers whilst you are responsible for him.
I minded my nephew and only mentioned it when ofsted called to arrange my first inspection. They weren't bothered and didn't count him as an actual minded child: they waited until I had non family member mindees before they came out to inspect.

Oh, and congratulations!! :clapping:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

jan
03-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi I have been a childminder for over 20years up untill Easter I had 4 under 5
3 of the children were my gran children. when ofsted did my inspecton they would not look at the work i had don with them only the work i had don with J. I think this is very wrong. I have been told by ofsted that if I have only got my grand children with me for my next inspecton they would only give me satisfaction,:angry: I GOT OUTSTANDING THIS TIME:clapping:

karen m
03-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Just shows how differant each inspector is,i have my grandson and inspector looked at his files,pictures,etc same as other children,inspector said he was in my numbers so he was to be treated the same,also as long as you are in you numbers it does not matter that you caring for grandchild