PDA

View Full Version : New childminder!!

mumto2
03-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi all, just come across this website, so thought I would pop on and say Hello!! (please be gentle with me!!!! :laughing: )
I have been registered since July 2010, so am still fairly new to this (and posting on forums!!) Things have been pretty slow, (had a little girl from November to february but thats it at the mo!!) but have got a new midee starting with me tomorrow so feel quite excited, but quite nervous too!! Just hope it all goes well, dont want to mess up before I've had a chance!! Would be good to get to know some people in the same boat as me (dont really know any other childminders yet!!) either here or 'for real/in person'!!!!! I have already found some useful hints/tips on here, so will be checking back to see what everyone else is up to!!!

The Juggler
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi, welcome. glad things are picking up for you hon? What area are you in?

mumto2
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi, welcome. glad things are picking up for you hon? What area are you in?

Hey, thanks for reply!! I'm in Gloucestershire, whereabouts are you? Where is everyone else from?

anisha
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Hello and welcome :)

AliceK
03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello and welcome. You will find some invaluable advice and support on here :thumbsup:

xxx

kel1983
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi and welcome

Everyone is so friendly and helpful on here. If you need advice this is a great place to come.

Hope all goes well for you

mumto2
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=kel1983;991511]Hi and welcome

Everyone is so friendly and helpful on here. If you need advice this is a great place to come.

Hope all goes well for you[/QU

Thanks for all your replies guys, its great knowing theres help on hand whenever you need it!!
1 question I do have is what do you all write your daily diaries in? I was thinking along the lines of getting a (fancy) notepad or something (lo is 13 months)., oh and how many observations do I need to be doing? I have her 5 and a half hours, 2 day a week!! (I know its not much, but its a start!! - I'm starting slowly, dont want to rush these things!!!!) :blush: lol

The Juggler
03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
don't spend a fortune. i use those lovely stripey notepads from tesco or wilkos *70p each. obs, on anything that's nearby when I see something :laughing: :laughing: then typed up later.

I would aim for one obs per week hon or every other week even. try to focus on a different area of learning - though having said that my new little one is 9 months and at the moment all my obs are in physical development as it's changing daily :laughing: