PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

nikkiross1
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I have been registered about 3 weeks now, and i know its not that long, but i think i was a bit niave and thought i'd get loads of enquiries straight away!

I have made my own website, advertsied in the shop right next to my house, have just contacted the local booklet thats called "whats happening in your area" and booked to have 15 weeks of advertising for £77!!! (desperate times!) and childcare.co.uk and netmums!

I have written to the local school and sent them a business card and asked them to put it up, the local childrnes centre said they couldnt advertise becuase if i was a bad childminder it could come back on the childrens centre!

and I am just having NO interest, and my website is getting no views :-(

am i missing something?? im just about to print cards off to stick in my car window but i so despeartly want to start whilst its all fresh in my mind and i also really need money!!!

any advice would be great!

AgentTink
03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Sarah wrote this blog the other day whoch may give you some ideas

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=89793

Also you could try changing your facebook employment to Ofsted Childminder. I did this in the summer hols and i got a holiday mindee from it.

Other ideas are going to local childrens groups or local childminding group to get to know people and also when having a conversation you can advise that you are a childminder

At some of these groups you may be able to volunter to work there for a few sessions and then this way you would have more access to more parents.

Natternic
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
i feel your pain, i have just registered, have a website, plastered my services everywhere (shops, toddler groups,preschools, schools, facebook) my website says im getting lots of hits, but still no phonecalls! its really frustrating im so eager to start, and bored at the same time.
i like hte idea of going to the toddler groups, but its not so easy with no lil ones, i have been to my childrens centre and made myself known there, meeting new mums in the hope they will go back to work. Are you in contact with other local childminders? I am and some of them keep telling me they have passed my tel no on to parents, but they still arent calling me.
Good luck im sure they will flood in soon and we will be turning people away.

nikkiross1
04-10-2011, 03:06 PM
thanks for the link to the blog, very helpful!

im sure one day i'll get the phonecall! thought it came this moro but the lady then realised i was too far away grr!!

good luck! x

wonderwoman80
05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi
With you on this one, I too have been registered over three weeks and nothing. I have tried all the above too. People keep telling me it will happen! Just when is the question?

vickie74
30-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi all, where or how do you try to advertise for mindees when you are going throught the registration process with ofsted etc?? I tried to set up a profile on childcare.co.uk, but says it has been rejected as I am not ofsted registered. I understand, but how can I hopefully get some kiddies starting with me when I do register if I cant advertise....... advice please. Thanks Vickie x

jadavi
30-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I think childcare.co let you in if you say you are pre reg in your profile .