PDA

View Full Version : NCMA annual conference?

jadavi
02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Is anyone planning on going to this? Are they usually any good? I love this sort of thing and some of the workshop titles look quite good ...the future of eyfs haha

But then I am a newbie and am in the bright eyed and bushy tailed league still!

PS who can see I've just joined NMCA!

christine e
02-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I am going and yes they are really good - there are quite a few forum members going so you would be in good company!

Cx

loocyloo
02-10-2011, 05:41 PM
i wanted to go, as only living about 20 odd miles away now, but its bonfire weekend and we have family coming to visit! so i'll be at home on the north york moors!

jadavi
02-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Gotta wait for my nmca number do can't view it properly. What's the cost?

christine e
02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.*************/news_and_events/events/annual_conference/conference_2011_workshops.aspx

£134 for the day, £32 for the dinner dance if you stay on plus cost of a hotel

Cx

Beetlejuice
02-10-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm going! I really enjoy it - it's my third year running and a great place to catch up with other forum members and have a boogie!

Penny1959
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I am going - and Carol M

Penny :)

The Juggler
02-10-2011, 08:48 PM
so wish I could afford it :(

Playmate
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Blue Boy and I are going - getting excited :clapping:

boxtree7
03-10-2011, 01:59 PM
yes i really enjoyed the evening.

manjay
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I will be there too! It is also my 3rd year but this will be my first one where I have to work:rolleyes:

Playmate
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I will be there too! It is also my 3rd year but this will be my first one where I have to work:rolleyes:

Shame :laughing: :laughing:

manjay
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Shame :laughing: :laughing:

I know!!! Can't even choose my own workshops:rolleyes:

Penny1959
03-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Been there done that - although not from such a grand position as you Manjay.

And it was hard work, long days - but fun :D

It will be my 5th conference but my first as a childminder and able to vote :clapping:

Beetlejuice
27-10-2011, 03:33 PM
What workshops is everyone doing? I'm doing the low level sensory workshop in the morning and 'Retail Therapy and KUW of York' in the afternoon ;) :D I'm always back for the policy debate and the all-important dinner and boogie!

Penny1959
27-10-2011, 04:20 PM
What workshops is everyone doing? I'm doing the low level sensory workshop in the morning and 'Retail Therapy and KUW of York' in the afternoon ;) :D I'm always back for the policy debate and the all-important dinner and boogie!

LOL

Carol M and I are doing the retail therapy and KUW of York (from sightseeing bus) on Friday as we both have Friday off and travelling up early on Friday.

I am doing Dolls and Dinasaurs plus the EYFS changes workshops.

Getting excited now - plan to fit as much as possible in (although have turned down the offer from the Royal for Carol and I to upgrade to the Romance package!).

Just wish I had had the sense to book Monday off work to recover :D

Carol M
27-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm doing Dinosaurs and dolls am and the Maths one pm.
Looking forward to the bus tour of York ( anything so as I don't have to walk :D )
I thought Romance package was a good idea, champagne and chocs ALL for meeeeeee, tho Penny might fight me for the chocs! :D
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone but will probably disappear before the boogieing starts :D
Carol xx

Playmate
27-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm doing EYFS in the morning and Sensory in the afternoon. I soooooooooooooooo can't wait, desperate for a break, even though I have to stand up and talk to the whole conference during the policy debate :panic:

Playmate
27-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm doing Dinosaurs and dolls am and the Maths one pm.
Looking forward to the bus tour of York ( anything so as I don't have to walk :D )
I thought Romance package was a good idea, champagne and chocs ALL for meeeeeee, tho Penny might fight me for the chocs! :D
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone but will probably disappear before the boogieing starts :D Carol xx

Urrrrr No! boogieing is compulsory on our table :D

Penny1959
27-10-2011, 05:01 PM

After spending 2 days with me and trying to keep up with me - Carol will be needing her sleep by Sat night :D

And as she will be the one driving back on Sunday - I will be ensuring she gets enough sleep and insisting she retires early

However I don't sleep so I will on the dance floor - keeping Blueboy to his promise of a dance :D

Carol M
27-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Playmate, I will most certainly not be boogieing on any table!!!:laughing: :laughing:
Carol xx

Chatterbox Childcare
27-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I am there too but working so no planned workshops for me

christine e
27-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I am there too but working so no planned workshops for me

Me too

Cx

Beetlejuice
27-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Too right Playmate - I don't think we were off the dancefloor all night last year :clapping: Plannng on repeating that but know my arthritic old bones won't thank me Sunday morning!:panic: Oh well, it's only once a year!:D

Penny1959
28-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Too right Playmate - I don't think we were off the dancefloor all night last year :clapping: Plannng on repeating that but know my arthritic old bones won't thank me Sunday morning!:panic: Oh well, it's only once a year!:D

Looking forward to meeting you Beetlejuice :D

Blue Boy
28-10-2011, 07:38 AM
After spending 2 days with me and trying to keep up with me - Carol will be needing her sleep by Sat night :D

And as she will be the one driving back on Sunday - I will be ensuring she gets enough sleep and insisting she retires early

However I don't sleep so I will on the dance floor - keeping Blueboy to his promise of a dance :D

Don't know about the dance:( after you turned down the upgrade , then on the other hand people would only talk;)

Penny1959
28-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't know about the dance:( after you turned down the upgrade , then on the other hand people would only talk;)

Oh let them talk Blueboy :D

Carol and I would willing share the upgrade with you - but I don't think we would have time to fully enjoy what with workshops, dinner dance, friends to chat to in the bar and so on.

Maybe next time :clapping:

And I hope your post is not hinting that you are going to withdraw your offer of a dance with me :panic:

Beetlejuice
28-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Beetlejuice :D

Looking forward to meeting you too!! :clapping:

B x

manjay
28-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I am soooo nervous about presenting on stage!!!!! Hope you can't see my knees shaking:rolleyes:

I am all ready now. Bought a new frock today and made dh buy a new shirt.

Look forward to seeing you all there xx

Hey just a thought - no one offered me a romantic upgrade:littleangel:

Polly2
28-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Hope you all have a lovely time :clapping: Will be thinking of you Manjay xx

Penny1959
28-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I am soooo nervous about presenting on stage!!!!! Hope you can't see my knees shaking:rolleyes:

I am all ready now. Bought a new frock today and made dh buy a new shirt.

Look forward to seeing you all there xx

Hey just a thought - no one offered me a romantic upgrade:littleangel:

You will be fab Manjay - we will all be sending lots of positive vibes to help with the nerves. Have to say if it was me - it would be DH being there that would make me the most nervous:laughing:

And yes why has no one offered you a romantic upgade? After all you are going with DH.

I am slightly worried that Carol and I give the wrong impression :panic: First we are upgraded in Coventry to a suite - complete with DOUBLE BED :eek: and now we have the offer of the romantic upgrade in York. We are very good friends - but ......

Then again Carol talks to me more than DH, makes me laugh, is always there when I need support, tells me when I have lost the plot, tells me when I should get off my soap box - oh maybe we do act like we are 'together' :D

Playmate
28-10-2011, 07:12 PM
the hotel haven't offered us an upgrade either :(

Just hoping the room has been booked :panic:

Manjay: you will be fine, If Christine and I can get up there so can you :D

christine e
28-10-2011, 08:23 PM
the hotel haven't offered us an upgrade either :(

Just hoping the room has been booked :panic:

Manjay: you will be fine, If Christine and I can get up there so can you :D

Yeah we are all in this together!

Cx:thumbsup:

Carol M
29-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Manjay, Christine and Playmate I think you are all brave people, I would be bricking it :eek:
Penny, thank you for your comments :D :D :D ( others can read into that whatever they like as a 50 something I don't have to explain myself to anyone :laughing: )
But I will explain the " Romance upgrade"...... I asked the Royal to email me a receipt of my booking which they did, so I presume I am on their "list" now and get emails from that group of hotels. At first I did find it funny but after closer consideration I think I would rather like champagne and chocs in my room , but I will NOT be sharing with anyone, they're ALL MINE!! :laughing:
Carol xx

christine e
29-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Manjay, Christine and Playmate I think you are all brave people, I would be bricking it :eek:
Penny, thank you for your comments :D :D :D ( others can read into that whatever they like as a 50 something I don't have to explain myself to anyone :laughing: )
But I will explain the " Romance upgrade"...... I asked the Royal to email me a receipt of my booking which they did, so I presume I am on their "list" now and get emails from that group of hotels. At first I did find it funny but after closer consideration I think I would rather like champagne and chocs in my room , but I will NOT be sharing with anyone, they're ALL MINE!! :laughing:
Carol xx

Gready guts!:laughing:

Looking forward to meeting you

Cx

Penny1959
29-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Carol xx

Yes go for the upgrade - and let people think what they like - it does not bother me and as you say at our age we don't have to explain to anyone (well maybe to Blueboy as he will keep calling me mother and he is a sensitive boy :D )

Thinking I may have to reconsider my comments Carol - surely the champagne to yourself would be enough and you could share the chocs with me - please

Carol M
29-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Thinking I may have to reconsider my comments Carol - surely the champagne to yourself would be enough and you could share the chocs with me - please

Penny :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe :littleangel:
Carol xx

Playmate
29-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Me thinks I might just have to buy some nice chocies and a bottle of bubbly and pretend we have a romantice upgrade :laughing: Well I did get flowers this morning, bless him my sensitive boy :D

Penny1959
29-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Me thinks I might just have to buy some nice chocies and a bottle of bubbly and pretend we have a romantice upgrade :laughing: Well I did get flowers this morning, bless him my sensitive boy :D

You are one lucky lady Playmate :clapping:

Playmate
29-10-2011, 03:31 PM
You are one lucky lady Playmate :clapping:

I know :blush:

mayberry
01-11-2011, 04:22 AM
I am going - and Carol M

Hope you both have a great time xx