PDA

View Full Version : Jetlag and LO's

Tealady
02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
My Mindee aged 14mths is back with me after a 2 week holiday in the US. His family got back either late last night or first thing this morning.

I've tried phoning but got no answer, but I was wanting to find out how the LO is and if he is likely to be jetlagged.

Does Jetlag tend to hit LO's hard or are they quite adaptable. Just wondering if I'm going to have a pretty normal day or if LO is going to ratty or tired so as I know what to plan

Velleity
02-10-2011, 02:56 PM
My daughters best (two year old) friend goes to visit family in America several times a year and we never see her for three or four days when they get back each time because she is always so tired and grumpy. I'd not plan to be doing much for the first day or two at least.

The Juggler
02-10-2011, 08:54 PM
imagine will be very tired. my dd (9) was up half the nigth when we got back this time so then was pooped all day.

AliceK
02-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm glad you wrote this thread as my 20mth mindee comes back next week when they get back from US. They were going to keep her at home for a few days but things have changed so she's coming to me now. I'll be prepared now :thumbsup:

xx

Tealady
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for your replies...

I'm also thinking about the LO's sleep pattern. If children are tired I let them sleep, however if he has jetlag he obviously needs his body clock shifting. Just hope Mum has a reasonable solution to this, we are normally on the same wave length about things but you never know

Boris
03-10-2011, 11:28 AM
My 18mo mindee comes back from mexico at 3am in the morning and will be with me at 8am! It's going to be a fun day!

JCrakers
03-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Its a hard one isnt it. When we came back from the US my two children were older (7and10) so they had about an hours sleep on the plane (not a lot of room..lol), a couple of hours sleep in the car back from the airport. We arrived back at home in the afternoon very tired but I kept everyone up until 7pm then we all went to bed so we could get our body clocks back to normal. Woke about 10am, tired but back on track.

But younger children you cant really stop them from sleeping, if they are tired they are gonna fall asleep.... You cant reason with younger children like I was able to with my own two...but then if you let them sleep all day they wont go to bed at night and thier clocks will be out.

Hes definitly going to be different as he's going to be around 8hrs out. I would stay in and have a quiet day if you can

Tealady
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Well so far so good.

He looked puzzled on arrival as if to say "well I know this place but not sure what I do here" and looked very tired. Just sat and watched for a while but then when my DD started being silly with him he was fine and it was business as usual.

He's been fine this morning, we've just played at home, and had lunch & nap at usual time so fingers crossed he's going to be fine (famous last words!)

Carpet Monkeys
03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I used to travel backwards and forwards from Singapore to the UK with my two, they were fine coming to the UK but going back it took them nearly a week to settle. I'd say allow a day per hour time difference to re-adjust!