PDA

View Full Version : Blowing my own trumpet!

Penny1959
02-10-2011, 02:07 PM
As some of you will know yesterday I chaired my very first West Midlands NCMA regional forum and was just a tad stressed by the whole thing - partly because Sue Davis the new NCMA chair was attending.

Very pleased to report that the whole day was a huge success. Excellent feedback and atmosphere in the room.

And the NCMA chair is such a nice person - chatted to everyone, kept making notes in her notebook - and put everyone at their ease.

Thank you to those from the forum that attended and to those committee members who are also forum members.

But special thanks to Carol M - she kept me sane on Friday by taking me out to local arbortum AND spent 4 hours at my house on Friday night helping to make up the delegate packs. Thanks Carol :D

Penny :)

sarah707
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I am so pleased it was a success!! Well done to all of you :clapping:

blue bear
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Well done :laughing:

marian
02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I had a really nice day yesterday - it was so obvious from the outset that a lot of hard work and dedication was put in to organising it!

Everyone was really friendly and the NCMA chair - Sue Davies seemed genuinely interested in our local issues:clapping:

It was lovely to meet Penny and Carol M and Ninagee.

Will definately go to the next one and will hopefully bring more people with me - :)

Hope I wasn't too loud:blush:

Marian x

Carol M
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Penny,
You certainly deserve a huge pat on the back, the day was a great success. We have already evaluated and planned next steps :D
Looking forward to the next one in Jan with some serious discussions on the agenda and really hoping childminders from other districts, who were not represented yesterday,come along and add their views to the proceedings.
Hope you haven't eaten all the chocs yet:laughing:
Carol xx

Rubybubbles
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
well done penny:thumbsup:

Penny1959
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I had a really nice day yesterday - it was so obvious from the outset that a lot of hard work and dedication was put in to organising it!

Everyone was really friendly and the NCMA chair - Sue Davies seemed genuinely interested in our local issues:clapping:

It was lovely to meet Penny and Carol M and Ninagee.

Will definately go to the next one and will hopefully bring more people with me - :)

Hope I wasn't too loud:blush:

Marian x

Not at all Marion - it was lovely to meet you :D (had already met Ninagee in Coventry) - and yes please bring along a few more - would love to meet them. Don't forget that if you colleagues want me to - I will come out and talk to them.

Glad you enjoyed the day - and thank you for kind the comments - yes a lot of work - but well worth it.

Penny1959
02-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Penny,
You certainly deserve a huge pat on the back, the day was a great success. We have already evaluated and planned next steps :D
Looking forward to the next one in Jan with some serious discussions on the agenda and really hoping childminders from other districts, who were not represented yesterday,come along and add their views to the proceedings.
Hope you haven't eaten all the chocs yet:laughing:
Carol xx

No - not yet Carol - I have had ONE - but for some reason the tin is half empty - thinking the trail of papers from lounge to sand tray outsides might be a clue as to who has eaten them - D and T on their visit to Granny's :D

Polly2
03-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Well done Penny - so glad it went smoothly!

I was chair for the first time at ours too - I never thought I would be so nervous :blush: but as the day went on I relaxed and I think everyone had a really good time.

cherry
03-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Well done Penny, I'm glad it went ok for you :)

I'm sorry I couldn't make it but we're busy visiting Universities for my son to go to next year :eek:

Penny1959
03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Well done Penny - so glad it went smoothly!

I was chair for the first time at ours too - I never thought I would be so nervous :blush: but as the day went on I relaxed and I think everyone had a really good time.

Glad your first chairship (is that a word?) went well Polly2 :D

Penny1959
03-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Well done Penny, I'm glad it went ok for you :)

I'm sorry I couldn't make it but we're busy visiting Universities for my son to go to next year :eek:

Hope you will be able to make the next one Cherry - it is on 28th Jan

Hope your son found a university that he likes

Blaze
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Penny (& Carol):clapping: :thumbsup:

manjay
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Well done ladies:thumbsup: I am meeting Sue on Friday and I am sure I will get to hear all about your fab forum.

and Polly2 you didn't look as nervous as you obviously felt;)

NCMA should be very proud of all the fantastic volunteers that put so much time and hard work into the Regional Forums!

Playmate
03-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Well done Penny and Carol, Only wish I was there enjoying yours instead of being stressed delivering a workshop at ours :laughing: However my workshop went well too and it was really nice that Zoomie came up and intoduced herself at the end. It would be lovely to see more people from here attending forums in the future. Any Suffolk CMs? we will be in Ipswich on the 4th of Feb, so put the date in your diary!

Penny1959
03-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Well done Penny and Carol, Only wish I was there enjoying yours instead of being stressed delivering a workshop at ours :laughing: However my workshop went well too and it was really nice that Zoomie came up and intoduced herself at the end. It would be lovely to see more people from here attending forums in the future. Any Suffolk CMs? we will be in Ipswich on the 4th of Feb, so put the date in your diary!

I was thinking that Playmate - there must be more forum members who are NCMA members - we need to get them all to come along and to meet us and each other.

I am going to EAST MIDLANDS forum next Saturday 8th October in Derby - anyone going to be there? (and if not booked - I have heard there are still places)

Oh and well done on the success of your workshop Playmate :D

Donkey
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I know more ncma volunteers from around the country then I do from my own region......

:panic:

no idea who the yorkshire people are :(

Playmate
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I know more ncma volunteers from around the country then I do from my own region......

:panic:

no idea who the yorkshire people are :(

I'm sure they are lovely people because all volunteers are :D
You will have to find out where and when your next forum is and go and introduce yourself. If I come across them in my travels I will tell them where to find you Donkey :laughing:

Donkey
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
uh oh...

*donkey goes and hides under the hay*