PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger Select Double

Sue_M222
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Has anyone had any experience with one of these? I'm just waiting for my certificate to come through and been looking at the double buggy options. I will be minding 2 under 3s in November until January but would like to get a buggy that will have options for under 1s too, rather than buying different.

Or would the Phil & Teds be better option? Do toddlers like being that low to the ground in the back?

Sorry, rambling a bit...my first post on here too :eek:

Thanks in advance

Sue

desiderata
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I have the Baby Jogger elite double and you can lift up the bottom of the seats for babies to lie flat x I have been looking at the select today in a shop and wasnt so keen on it cos the bottom chair only looks at the back of the top chair if you get what I mean. My double goes through my front door and through a barrier at the end of our road without a problem. x

uf353432
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I have a Britax B-Dual and its ace - I had a P&T and I loved that and this one for the money is definately on a par with it. Though even with my under 3's I encourage independant walking rather than relying on the pushchair - and the stamina they are showing is amazing - so harness foot power as well :)

Oh and normally the cildren fight over who will sit at the back - who knows why!!

Sue_M222
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks Desiderata,

I did go to Mothercare to see if I could have a look at one but they don't stock them instore at the moment. It does have several seating arrangements, two toddlers can face each other or face forward etc.

Did have a look at the mini city double but being only 5ft it was a little too big to handle for me and will struggle to get it in the boot of my Punto :(

Think I might be taking a trip to the Baby Show and have a good look at what is on the market.

Thanks again

fatima
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I have just bought a double baby jogger city elite and love it i have had even my 5 year old daughter decidinf she wanted to sit in and she was very comfortable x Even better when folded and wheels removed goes into a zafira boot when all seats are up

Sue_M222
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
off to google the Britax-B now :D

Ah the back seat, always rushed to the back of the coach on school trips.

thanks for the info

x

sweets
01-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I have the elite single and LOVE it, its sturdy pram but very light to push and is perfect for a buggy board.

I have a jane powertwin double which i also like but i really havnt got room to store 2 prams so i am think if selling both and getting baby jogger city select, it looks like a perfect pram! as its a single and double and both children get a good view unlike another pram i could mention ;) it also looks ok to put a board on.

the only prob is that the select is very expensive even second hand.

before i buy one tho i want to have a go of it to see how it handles lol but not many places have it in stock and you dont see many around because of the price and the fact that it is fairly new.

Wendybird
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Do you mean the City Select (not sure if there are other BJ selects?)? I have one and I really rate it. I use it with my two (3 months and 2 years) and also when minding - so two toddlers, and wear the baby in a sling. I love that they can face each other and that is how I nearly always have it set up. My mindee is slow to talk, so I put him in the first seat facing me and my (chatty) DS in the back chair facing mindee so we can talk to him and try to bring on his language a bit. You can also add a buggy board - so potentially could have two in the seats, one on the board and one in a sling / carrier. I love that I can hang my bag on the back, which you can't do with a p&t or similar without bonking the kid in the basket in the head ;) It has a great basket, is light to push and steer for a tandem, goes up and down curbs easily (with the aid of your foot on the back bar), has great wheels for pushing over grass in the park and you can't beat it for versatility. I can't really steer it with one hand when there are two in it and it is long with the bassinet on the front. Also, there isn't a double raincover, so I've just bought a graco universal cover which does the job, but isn't a perfect fit. I've never not been able to get it in somewhere, but it is certainly not as compact or nimble as my Bee. It is a nice pushchair and I expect it to last a long time.

Mrs Pootle
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Love my Baby Weavers, Baby 2 Twin. It's really comfy to push, and a bit like the nipper 360 in look and features. It's always a hard choice when it comes to prams, as what suits for one set of children, isn't always ideal for the next lot you have.:)

Sue_M222
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Wow, loving this site for great information. Definitely taken with the City Select so on the hunt to have a look at one in person as I need to find something that will suit my height or lack of it.

Thank you all x