PDA

View Full Version : Really upset

buzzy bee
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I know I've already posted about this but I am so upset about it...

To cut a long story short, mum didn't give me full notice and didn't pick mindee up on last day... mum's boyfriend announced when he picked up mindee that he wouldn't be coming again.

I've had no goodbye or thank you from mum, and today I bumped into them at the shops and they acted like they didn't even know me - saw me, blanked me and hurried out of the shop.

I'm so upset and struggling to figure out why they're acting this way. I hate hard feelings.

Have you ever had anyone leave your care and not had a thank you?

caz3007
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Yes I have had 2 like that, one came and didnt say a word, it was almost as though they were coming back next week and similar with the other. Other parents have usually said thank you and have had a least a bunch of flowers and thank you.

Dont feel bad, some people are just rude

rickysmiths
01-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Yes in 17yrs I've had a few.

They are rude and will always go thought live not appreciating others or the effect they have on them. Nor will they benefit from lifes' rich tapestry the way we all do. Their loss, not ours.

Fortuneately the majority of parents are grateful, do appreciate what contribution we make to their los life and give at least a card and a bunch of flowers or a box of chocs when they leave and even at Christmas, birthdays and just because sometimes!. Many stay in touch for years.

Don't beat yourself up over it move on towards those lovely parents and enjoy.

keeks
01-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I've not even been minding a year, and have only had one leaver - they were lovely. There are some very strange people in this world though, we had some of them at the nursery I used to work. One set of parents were rude all the way through, and then left without even saying goodbye.

I understand that you feel uncomfortable, but I would try to ignore those feelings. They clearly don't have the decency to thank you or say goodbye. It is their problem and you can't take on responsibility for their actions.

Try to focus on your lovely, friendly parents instead. :) They deserve to be in your thoughts, the others don't.

xx

buzzy bee
02-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. You're all right and yes, I will try not to take it personally and focus my energy and thoughts on my lovely children and parents!

Chimps Childminding
02-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. You're all right and yes, I will try not to take it personally and focus my energy and thoughts on my lovely children and parents!

Some people are just like that :( We had one set of parents, thought they were absolutely lovely, put ourselves out for them time and time again when mum was made redundant, kept 2 places open and didn't charge, bent over backwards when mum needed to change hours etc. They have left and come back 3 times so far, and not once have we had a card, present or even a thank you :mad: There won't be a fourth time :panic:

Unfortunately some people just see us as a service, don't realise we are actually human too :rolleyes:

Penny1959
02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Had a few as well
one in this registration - a few in last registration.

Trouble is most cm's are really nice, helpful people who would not dream of behaving in such a way - and that is why it hurts so much when people do it to us.

Penny :)