PDA

View Full Version : Travels on school bus to mine on own for after school care

Dragonfly
13-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Hi, im a new member and not sure if im doing things right here.My question is i have an 11year old mindee who has to catch the school bus from school to my house after school(the school is 3 miles away)5 days a week, i haven't got any policies/paperwork to say he is not my responsibility until he arrives at my house do you think i should have?not sure how i would word it any suggestions? He has been doing it since he was 10 and he is 12 in September.Thanks Durell

miffy
13-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Have a look here

www.bromleycma.org.uk

It's a very good site and has lots of policies you can adapt - there is one for independent arrival at the childminders

Get your policy sorted and then written permission from the parents to show that they understand you cannot accept responsibility until the child arrives at your house

HTH

miffy xx

angeldelight
13-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Good Advice from Miffy

Good luck

Angel xx

Dragonfly
13-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Wow, didnt expect an answer so early in the morning!!! thank you so much for that advice.Went on my EYFS course the other day and you know what its like one minder will say i've got this that and the other and you come out feeling a little miffed because you thought you had just about everything!!!!.(have not!!) Great help, thank you for the website I will look this evening when all the mindees have gone.Durell

angeldelight
13-05-2008, 06:44 AM
You will find someone here any time night or day

We are all addicted you see haha

Good luck and happy reading

Angel xx

miffy
13-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Well I might be here at this time but not usually "on the ball" - have had to deal with this myself so that's why you got the answer so quick!

miffy xx

Dragonfly
13-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Thats great to know angel, cant wait till after work this evening to log on!!!!!! bye!!!!!!

angeldelight
13-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Speak later

Have a lovely day

Angel xx