View Full Version : Advertising vacancies

Mum-2-beauties
30-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey ladies

What is the best way to advertise your vacancies

Kate 

rosebud
01-10-2011, 12:39 PM
You can try the following, although I wouldn't like to say which is the "best way". Put posters / flyers / postcards up in you local shops, doctors surgery, library, childrens centre (if they'll let you), community centres, village halls and anywhere else that attracts parents. You can join childcare.co.uk and netmums.com and advertise on there. You can put an advert on gumtree and yell.com. You can ask your local pre-school / nursery if they would send out a flyer home with the children or at least let you leave some where parents will see them when picking up / dropping off. You can ask your local school if they will give your phone number out to parents asking about childcare (some do, some don't). See if there is a local childminders meeting which you can attend to make links with other childminders in the hope they will give your details out - some groups run an informal vacancy scheme even if there's not an official one in your area. Most importantly make sure your Families Information Service (FIS) has your details and keep them up to date. Good luck.

kel1983
02-10-2011, 08:54 AM
We have got most our children through childcare.co.uk. I was on there every hour :blush: when I first started to make sure I had contactd everyone possible.

We got 2 after school children through word of mouth. One of the mums worked with one of our mindees mums and passed our details on and then that mum passed our details on to the 2nd mum who she knew at the nursery their daughters attended. :thumbsup:

We have a lady we know through a mindee who has a child at the school we drop off to collect from and she has told her friend about us and now she ha enquired about morning childcare :clapping: . Its worh getting known at the local schools and nurseries.

We have had a few enquiries from the fis but not many. Never had to put leaflets or poster up but we live in a city so prob not as hard to get work around here.

jadavi
02-10-2011, 09:12 AM
how do we contact FIS?

is there a national number?

cheers
jac