PDA

View Full Version : Have you had a parent remove a child because he/she has been bitten/scratched/pinched

clorogue
30-09-2011, 08:34 PM
by another child.

blue bear
30-09-2011, 08:37 PM
No ive been lucky only one child has bitten in the 14 years I have minded and luckily parents knew each other and were very understanding

Ali56
30-09-2011, 08:43 PM
No I haven't but I felt quite lucky that no-one did.

My own daughter was a shocking biter. Never seen anyone like her before, or since. I was at my wits end. :panic: didn't know what to do, tried EVERYTHING! I managed to raise 2 perfectly nice kids before her, and countless mindee's too(10 yrs experience before she was born!). Don't know what I did wrong! Mind you, this was also the child that when put on the naughty step, would wee herself to get off it!! Cheeky Monkey:laughing: :laughing: Was terrible at the time. She's 9 now and lovely-still has a temper tho!

Becci26
30-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I feel your pain Ali !!!:panic:

My daughter was a shocker!!! Much better now but still has a major temper, she's 7 and I worry it will have a major effect on future mindees - hopefully all will be well though!

miffy
30-09-2011, 10:21 PM
No, never Clorogue - the only child who's ever been bitten was my own :(

Miffy xx

mum26
30-09-2011, 11:56 PM
No, but I did have a child who was a scratcher. She scratched the children she was most familiar with - so my own daughter and also another child who she was with almost full time. Luckily, parents of child who was scratched were very understanding - and to be fair she could be a hitter - and the parents of the scratcher were supportive of the measures I took to stop the behaviour. She did grow out of it, but a very difficult time and I couldn't take my eyes off her for a moment.

Ali56
01-10-2011, 08:23 AM
I feel your pain Ali !!!:panic:

My daughter was a shocker!!! Much better now but still has a major temper, she's 7 and I worry it will have a major effect on future mindees - hopefully all will be well though!

Don't want to hijack someone else's thread, but what I will say is that we cant give her chances. Everything has to be black and white, straight down the line, or her temper kicks in big style. We have to nip it in the bud immediately, no chances. She has no artificial additives of ANY variety EVER, we are very strict about that. She doesn't seem able to process them.
Only ever had to give notice to one mindee as there was a huge personality clash(both as bad as each other) which was a shame.
There is hope for you!! If your mindee's see you dealing with her effectively then it will encourage them to behave too!! :clapping: This is what I have found!

clorogue
01-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Thank you all for your time in replying