PDA

View Full Version : what do you have in your garden?

newandlearning
30-09-2011, 07:28 PM
hi all..

I'm just wondering what things could go in a small to medium size garden.. its not big enough for a 10' trampoline which I would love?

I've got lil things for the under 4's but am wondering what are good things to have for over 6's... the balls are constantly getting kicked over every day so balls aren't really working.. my neighbours must be getting kick of me..

what do you have and also what do you have for the other mindees to play with?

thanks a lot everyone xx:)

PixiePetal
30-09-2011, 07:34 PM
At the moment - lots of weeds :laughing: :laughing: they could always help me clear them :)

chalks for on the patio, hoops, bubble, skipping ropes, tents/camps, frisbee and football oh and a couple of hammocks in the trees which the young ones can't reach!- actually I don't care for older ones at the moment but my own kids friends seem to amuse themselves and my garden is big. I won't be getting any big equipment now my kids are teens so will make the most of the space. We make obstacle courses too and have races.

singlewiththree
30-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I used to have an 8ft trampoline but that broke. I find older children like to do planting and make mini gardens of their own as well as using the chalks, hop scotch, alphabet mats and just play with the younger toys. They make dens in the garden and feed my hens.

xgemx
30-09-2011, 07:57 PM
We have a sand pit and all my sons ranging in age from 18 months, 3 and 8 and they all play with it, making sandcastle, putting trucks in it, we also have a huge connect 4 (off amazon a copy of the original one), bowling game, inflatable snakes and ladders and a few other bits

blue bear
30-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Tool shed, toy kitchen, big soil pile for making mud pies/digging for treasure (I hide things in it for them to find) bread basket lined with a quilt to make a cosy place for reading/ relaxing, we have a net canopy hanging over it. Blackboard on the wall, hoops, skipping ropes, swing ball, scooters, dolls prams, massive snakes and ladders mat which we also use to put duplo, train sets, barbies etc on. Kites, bubble wand, grabber, balance board, sand pit, slide, playhouse, wheel barrow ribbons to thread through fencing/netting, bug area with magnifying glasses and bug pots, den making stuff. gardening trays with bug stones and logs which we put dinosaurs/ animals in. Water tray with measuring jugs and water pump.

Ali56
30-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Sand pit, water table, playhouse, 'stilts', pedal racer thing (very popular with the older ones!) hoops, skipping rope, basketball hoop, chalks, scooters, trampoline(no under 8's on it EVER tho as there is no net. DD trains for competitions and the net gets in the way), football, swingball(no way of losing the ball!) climbing frame, tractors, ride on's. And more-far to much in a little garden!! Oh and crazy golf, skittles, sports day kit with sacks, beanbags, egg n spoons, parachute etc in the garage for when it suits us!!

mrs robbie williams
01-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Tool shed, toy kitchen, big soil pile for making mud pies/digging for treasure (I hide things in it for them to find) bread basket lined with a quilt to make a cosy place for reading/ relaxing, we have a net canopy hanging over it. Blackboard on the wall, hoops, skipping ropes, swing ball, scooters, dolls prams, massive snakes and ladders mat which we also use to put duplo, train sets, barbies etc on. Kites, bubble wand, grabber, balance board, sand pit, slide, playhouse, wheel barrow ribbons to thread through fencing/netting, bug area with magnifying glasses and bug pots, den making stuff. gardening trays with bug stones and logs which we put dinosaurs/ animals in. Water tray with measuring jugs and water pump.

very jealous mine would love your garden :blush:

Greengrass74
01-10-2011, 06:56 AM
We had a trampoline, but got rid of it due to the insurance issues, we now have
a wooden playhouse,
stand alone sand pit,
water play area (drain pipes and other bits attached to the wall),
chalk boards and mirrors on the walls,
veggie plot,
net threading area,
wall board with buckles, clips and poppers (LO's love this area)
slide,
sensory garden area,
swing,
digging area for making mud pies and looking for bugs etc.
and lots of trikes, sit and ride toys, push alongs etc.
plus we have wind chimes and assorted windmill type things.

In one of the corners we have a den area with pop up tents and tunnels

miss mopple
01-10-2011, 07:09 AM
You're garden sounds fab Dave- got any piccies?

I have a little garden and I have:

Wendy house (gets used as a storage shed though :laughing: )
Trikes
Water wall
Insect weaving frames
Sandpit
veggie beds
digging area (soil in tyres)
bilibo
scooter
bats and balls
parachute
sensory balance beam

Am moving soon to a house with a huge garden- cant wait to get it all set up for minding :clapping:

The Juggler
01-10-2011, 08:18 AM
a sandpit for the littlies (and biggies sometimes :laughing: ), a raised bed for digging, maybe sectioned off so each of them can have a bit each to grow their own flowers/veggies?

a slide maybe?

lots of hula hoops, skipping ropes for older ones to play with too?

watering cans, digging implements in an empty bed for wiggly worm digging :thumbsup:

a few ride ons, a small wheelbarrow.

rosebud
01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
A decked area with pergola over the top - doubles up as a swing frame and we take the swings on and off but my mum has also made curtains for it so it can be used as a stage by the older ones for doing "shows" or can be a den. It also has a blackboard, a telescope and steering wheel - so can be a boat, car, train, pirate ship, plane, etc and has mirrors and cd's hanging from the pergolas so that babies have something to look at when I put them out in the pram. If you don't have much space try to think of how you make the space multi-purpose.

nannysue
01-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Huge Wendy House full of dolls& clothes , prams, desk/chair, books drawing stuff, bean bags. The Happyland box also lives there as its too big for anywhere in the house.
Large TP climbing frame & slide
Medium size slide
Small cube slide
Bikes, scooters, cars
Sandpit
Sand/water toys
Big chest full of sports type stuff... balls, quoits, skipping ropes, bean bags, ELC feet things ( like mini stilts!!) etc
Children size tables & chairs
Gazebo over the patio
Lots of flowers, shrubs and more pots than i'd like to admit to :blush: