PDA

View Full Version : No notice given

Mum-2-beauties
30-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Need advice urgently please. The parents of my minded children rang me on Saturday to tell me they were no longer sending their children to me on the following Monday. They were not willing to let me work my 4 weeks notice which is stated in my contract, is it my right to ask them to pay me for my 4 weeks notice that I believe is owed to me.

Be grateful for any advice given

Kate

singlewiththree
30-09-2011, 07:41 PM
If they signed a contract to say they will pay the 4 weeks notice then I would write them a letter with a copy of your contract asking for the 4 weeks notice money by a particular date.

Did they give a reason for leaving so abruptly?

Mum-2-beauties
30-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I was Very unwell, I had an infection, the parents told me to take rest of week off as they had cover (which I thought was lovely of them). Then I get a phone call two days later telling me they will not be coming back. It was so unexpected and I was gutted. Aren't childminders aloud to get Ill

Thanks for your advice

miffy
30-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Of course you're allowed to be ill - happens to us all from time to time.

I would write them a polite letter accepting their verbal notice and reminding them that, under the terms of the contract they signed, you are entitled to 4 weeks paid notice, reiterate that you are prepared to work the notice but if they choose not to send the children then payment of xxx is due by (whatever date you are normally paid). Keep a copy of the letter and if you get no response then contact your insurers for advice.

I hope you're feeling much better now.

Miffy xx

chez
01-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Id agree with sending the letter and asking for the 4 weeks money.

Maybe mum has had the few days with little one and realise how much shes missing out on.