PDA

View Full Version : A brilliant first week :O)

Doofuz
30-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I have had my first week of caring for a before and after school child, she appears to love it here and goes home with her mum talking about what she has done in the lovely 3 hours she spends here before going home. She left here yesterday after giving me a lovely bottle of white wine from France, and a gorgeous card saying she is so pleased to have found me to look after her little girl and wishes she had found me sooner. I am chuffed to bits as have been worrying about lots of things since I have started. It's certainly not easy work (I never thought it was going to be as have been in childcare for over 10 years) and it's great to have been complimented so early on.

I also received my module one award for Quality Standards and have to admit, I am glowing from the joy of it all - I hope it lasts. I must thank this forum for all the help I have gained, I'm not on here much but am grateful for everything I have learnt. :thumbsup: you are all a bit amazing :)

rosebud
30-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Yay!! Well done, you can treat yourself with that wine when she goes home tonight. :clapping:

Vickster
30-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Well done you, it is lovely to gt good feedback isn't it?

Demonjill
30-09-2011, 07:06 PM
:clapping: Well done you thats is so fab - glad you are enjoying it :thumbsup:

xgemx
30-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Awww how lovely and thoughtful of her

LittleVoice
30-09-2011, 09:07 PM
I have had my first week of caring for a before and after school child, she appears to love it here and goes home with her mum talking about what she has done in the lovely 3 hours she spends here before going home. She left here yesterday after giving me a lovely bottle of white wine from France, and a gorgeous card saying she is so pleased to have found me to look after her little girl and wishes she had found me sooner. I am chuffed to bits as have been worrying about lots of things since I have started. It's certainly not easy work (I never thought it was going to be as have been in childcare for over 10 years) and it's great to have been complimented so early on.

I also received my module one award for Quality Standards and have to admit, I am glowing from the joy of it all - I hope it lasts. I must thank this forum for all the help I have gained, I'm not on here much but am grateful for everything I have learnt. :thumbsup: you are all a bit amazing :)

Aww doesnt that just make it so worth while! :D

uf353432
30-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I childmind in Dorset as well - its definately been a great week to be a childminder with the fab weather we have been having :)

If you are a close to Blandford - we run a childminding group out of the childrens centre on THursday mornings until 11.30 am - we'd love to see you

miffy
30-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Well done - it must be lovely to get such positive feedback after such a short time - you should be proud of yourself :clapping:

Miffy xx

chez
01-10-2011, 08:41 AM
awww its lovely when plans work out well like that.

Dont forget to keep the card itll be good for others to see as you start your referances etc and also for inspector to see.

If child is able to it maybe in a few weeks worth doing a short questionaire with her to find out what she loves about coming to yours and then that can form part of your SEF :D