PDA

View Full Version : Bit worried now

Becci26
29-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Following on from a couple of threads about Minders being quiet, I am now quite worried as to whether or not I have done the right thing. PLease tell me it will be OK?!!?

I decided to register as a childminder because I feel there is a lack of minders round here but after speaking to a fellow cm who is considering going back to work I am truly worried!

No need to reply, just venting really!

Twinkle-Toes
29-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Well I started as i was constantly being told there is no out of hours care around here. So I start up, reg for over nights, planning on working early morns, evenings, weekends etc I've got a few kids in but not had ONE enquiry for anything remotely 'anti social'!!

Plus where I am there are zillions of cm's, I reg in June and another 8 have reg since then!!

So, my advice, if it's something you want to truly try then give it a go! There will always be a reason you suit some people more than other cm's etc :thumbsup:

miffy
29-09-2011, 08:25 PM
It seems to vary so much over the country - some areas childminders are really busy and others are very quiet.

Fingers crossed it works out for you - start telling everyone you know/meet that you are registering :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

crazyhazy
29-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I think it really depends on area, here we are all very busy and I've had a few phonecalls recently where people have been unable to find anyone with spaces (and there are a lot of us, at least 30 listed on the website and it's a smallish town).