PDA

View Full Version : How much input do you have in pre-school sessions your mindees attend?

Minstrel
29-09-2011, 06:50 PM
When X started with me his mum asked if i collect/drop at the local pre-school and i said yes. Nothing more was discussed since he's too young at the moment but mum is just starting to think about getting his name down.

Would it be out of order for me to suggest that he has the afternoon sessions instead of the morning ones? I have 3 fairly selfish reasons for this!

1. Mum can do the drop off in the morning so i would collect at 11.30 and keep him till she finishes at 3pm. This is smack bang in the middle of the day which restricts the option of fitting in anyone new.

2. The other babies/toddlers sleep in the afternoon at the moment and I'd only have him to occupy each afternoon and i'd lose my time to eat, rest and tidy up for an hour in peace.

3. I have a new baby starting next year who, every other week will be coming mornings only. This would give me some much needed time with DD on her own.

Selfish selfish i know but what would you do?

rickysmiths
29-09-2011, 06:54 PM
No I would definately discuss it with the mum. My parents have always consulted me as to which days and sessions would fit best.

cs01
29-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong in discussing this with the parents, especially if its only you that will be collecting the child, ie the child will not be attending days where you don't care for them and the parent will be collecting. It also means, if mum is dropping off that she will get the chance to be involved with the pre school, have a chance to talk to key worker etc. One of my mindees recently started pre school and I know his mum would desperately like to be able to drop him off, but she can't due to work commitments.

QualityCare
29-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Most of my parents have always asked which would suit me, if they haven't mentioned it and are talking about putting name down l ask if they are wanting me to drop off or collect as sometimes it doesn't occur to them that we might have a preference to when we can do it.

francinejayne
29-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I have asked parents in the past if they would put their child in for sessions that were suitable for me - otherwise I would have been dropping mindee off at 9.15, picking her up at 11.45, then dropping my DS off at 12.15 and picking him up at 2.45 - as well as the primary school run too for the older children! They were fine about it and understood why I asked!

Minstrel
29-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Great i'll have a chat with her. She'll be doing either the drop or pick up so i can't imagine it will make too much difference to her. And he comes to me 5 days a week so no worries about any other days.

The Juggler
29-09-2011, 08:41 PM
no absolutely discuss it with her, otherwise you'll end up with what you dont want ;)

i had 2 mums with 2 mindees and asked and discussed with them both to ensure they did the same sessions otherwise I'd have been back and fore like a yoyo, lunch would've been a mare and they'd have had no other mindees their age to play with when they were here.

tell her what woudl work for you:thumbsup: