PDA

View Full Version : Stepping in...

Tracy123
29-09-2011, 01:14 PM
A parent phoned me today to ask if i can look after her child as her childminder is on holiday for 2 weeks. This is fine as i have space its only for 3 days but what paperwork do i need to parent to sign first?
I have the short-term contracts shud i use that even tho its just for 3 day?
she will have to sign and read my policies etc..
anything else?
She is coming tomoz to see me before she goes to work.
Thanks

rickysmiths
29-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes she should have a Contract and sign all the Policies and permissions form and fill in a Child Info form with emergency contact numbers etc.

When cm friends help me to cover for sickness and holidays I usually copy my permissions, info form etc for them to attach to their contract so it saves duplication. Do you know the regular minder?

Tracy123
29-09-2011, 01:24 PM
so when u copy them does that mean they follow ur rules? Yea i know of her but dont have her number or anything. Think i will get the mum to sign them this time and if i do it for any1 else then i will get them to copy them.
Do i get her to fill in an 'all about me'?
Thanks

Tracy123
29-09-2011, 01:47 PM
also jut looking through to short term contracts (which i have never used) What do i put in for the contracted hours? In the additional notes section should i write covering for childminder whos on holiday?
Contracts really confuse me!!

rickysmiths
29-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes you need to notre the hours and days she is using you for. Yes you can put that you are covering for another cms holiday.

I think for an under three I would get an 'All about me' filled in so I had a picture of their routine. If not just get mum to write a bit about los normal daily routine, sleeps, what they eat etc.