PDA

View Full Version : Vomiting

NicoleW
29-09-2011, 06:48 AM
My mindee got dropped off an hour ago and my 5 year old daughter has just vomited everywhere.

Am I right in thinking I should contact my mindees parent to let them know my daughter has just been sick, say I'm happy to continue to povide care for him but if she feels she needs to she can come and pick him up?>

FussyElmo
29-09-2011, 07:28 AM
You should be shutting your setting for 48 hours as you would exclude the mindee if he/she was ill.

Yes its annoying but follow your exclusion policy :thumbsup:

NicoleW
29-09-2011, 07:49 AM
It doesn't say that in my policy...

This is in mine

"I have two young children myself, if either of them get sick and I feel I am able to work I will contact all parents to discuss their illness and symptoms so you can make an informed decision whether or not to send your child to my care."

QualityCare
29-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I would contact them and let them make the decision to collect or not, bearing in mind that if their child does come down with something they might not want to take the time off work and you will still have them.

NicoleW
29-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks I just let mum know and she's coming to collect him

miffy
29-09-2011, 11:52 AM
It doesn't say that in my policy...

This is in mine

"I have two young children myself, if either of them get sick and I feel I am able to work I will contact all parents to discuss their illness and symptoms so you can make an informed decision whether or not to send your child to my care."

This is the hpa guidance for childcare settings

http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

Miffy xx