PDA

View Full Version : As one closes...another one opens

MaryMary
28-09-2011, 09:03 PM
i have given notice to a child, and he leaves this friday. I had him 5 days a week after school (13 hours), and ad hoc in the holidays. I have agonised over this for some while, and finally done it, regardless of any income I will lose. My house will be calmer and happier, as will my own children :)

I have had a phone call tonight, asking if I have a permanent vacancy for a child that I have had occasionally in the past. He is 9 yo (doesn't affect my numbers :) ) and I will have him Tuesday/Wednesday after school (4 hours total) and maybe Thursdays. At least that partially covers what I have lost, without taking up an under 8's space :clapping:

It's funny how these things work out, isn't it? :thumbsup:

miffy
28-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Everything happens for a reason as they say :)

Pleased you have found something that suits and hope you enjoy the peace and quiet.

Miffy xx

Demonjill
28-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Must have been meant to be lol

Lucky yous getting to have so many kids - up here we are really limited kids are counted up to age 16:(

The Juggler
29-09-2011, 12:00 PM
:clapping: :clapping: that is great. I remember once getting a call in the library one morning about losing 2 after schoolers who also came in the holidays for 2 days. As I walked home I got a call about a baby who wanted to come 3 days a week

good karma I reckon:p