PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel a bit negative during course?

teacherinwales
28-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Before the course began, I was feeling positive.
During the course I've being given lots of information, hand outs, and negative scenarios. I'm now feeling :eek: .

The Juggler
28-09-2011, 08:58 PM
absolutely normal - any studying. you start it thinking I can do this, then they throw lots of information at you and you start questioning whether you can do it.

But, YOU CAN, it's normal to feel like that. If it's any consolation I did a degree last 3 years and felt like this at the start of every new module.

Also CM'ing is a massive change in your life so you are having to accommodate all those emotions too.

You will be fine and sail through :thumbsup:

Zoomie
28-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I think a lot of people come to childminding thinking it is drinking tea all day ...

However, I don't think you should be getting such a negative vibe from the course. What were you told that is so negative ??

teacherinwales
28-09-2011, 09:09 PM
No, I don't think I'll be drinking tea all day! :laughing:
Thanks The Juggler. I think you're right there, it's a big change not just career wise but personally too.

Demonjill
28-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Im a bit like that with everything in my life.

One minute im fine taking on the world the next i doubt things just a little bit enough to make me stop think give myself a shake and carry on.

Ask for extra support wherever you need it :thumbsup:

teacherinwales
28-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Im a bit like that with everything in my life.

One minute im fine taking on the world the next i doubt things just a little bit enough to make me stop think give myself a shake and carry on.

Ask for extra support wherever you need it :thumbsup:

We're not twins are we?! Thanks. I'll have a good night's sleep tonight and give myself a good shake tomorrow morning. :)

Demonjill
28-09-2011, 09:59 PM
We're not twins are we?! Thanks. I'll have a good night's sleep tonight and give myself a good shake tomorrow morning. :)

ha ha ...maybe lol

The course just covers alot of stuff in a short space of time so its alot of info to take on at once. Some is common sense and some needs you to get your head around and some just plain daft lol:rolleyes:

Thing is in the world today we need to cover ourselves in ways you never imagined .:thumbsup:

try and enjoy it :)

Polly2
29-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I think sometimes on the course they present you with worse case scenarios which can be worrying. But at least you will know what 'could happen' and how to handle it :thumbsup:

I found the safeguarding bit of the course difficult, but thankfully these cases are few and far between.

teacherinwales
29-09-2011, 08:01 AM
I know it's in our best interest to know what to do if the worst should happen. And I know all about blame and litigation from teaching. But I had 3yrs of full-time studying to get my head around that and childminding is happening quickly in comparison. :panic:
I am feeling more positive today - I didn't even have to give myself a shake! :thumbsup:

Carrie1983
29-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Actually I think it is absolutely normal to get feelings of negativity during the course and even during your first weeks of childminding; afterall, this is a huge step and life change and no one started any business without at least some doubts! There is a lot of responsibility on us as we have an important role to play in early education and development.

sharonmanc
29-09-2011, 12:31 PM
I am doing the course now, and it is a lot to take in, but i think once you get up and runnign alot of what hey talk about you will be doign without even thinking about it, as i recognise i do alot already with my own children. The worse ase scenario's they keep talking about, they are a little scarey as i dont want that happening to me, but any job you are in there are risks involved.