PDA

View Full Version : Help r.e the twins i care for..

Jelly Baby
28-09-2011, 09:36 AM
I have looked after twins for over a year now, they are polish 2.5yrs..boys! The problem i have is their nappies. I would say every day (it is rare not to) I have 2-3 very very dirty nappies..they really really smell to the point i am having to wash my carseats a lot even if they are only in for a short time..runny and very full. I feel this is not right and have spoke to mum about it who says maybe they are having too much fruit? I have stopped the fruit and have been monitering the food in their diary and can't see anything out of the ordinary. I have suggested she see the health visitor as last time i went with her to an apt they said they shouldn't be like this and should have formed nappies?

So help! I am going to mention again later but of course the potty training is slower then slow as there is no way i can risk them having clothes in a state they would be..also nursery is a no no till this is sorted out.

Any ideas? Thanks

AliceK
28-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I would be interested in this as I have a 2yr old with exactly the same thing.

xxx

Flisspaps
28-09-2011, 10:29 AM
It could be toddler diarrhoea - fairly common in children up to 5 years old, and other than cutting out pretty much any healthy food it's just something they grow out of. There's some information about it here (http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Toddler's-Diarrhoea.htm)

Her GP would be a better port of call for this than the Health Visitor - they can diagnose and advise whatever it is.

gigglinggoblin
28-09-2011, 10:34 AM
It could be toddler diarrhoea, I had one with that, its not pleasant! Its also really tricky to figure out if its a bug or not.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Toddler%27s-Diarrhoea.htm

suzy:-)
28-09-2011, 10:41 AM
wow what an amazing post lol , i cant believe it ME TOOOOOO:eek:

honestly the boy (note - boy) i look after simply does nothing but poo all day and to be honest it gets me quite down .......i know its part of my job but seriously he can poo up to 6 times a day and they S.T.I.N.K :eek: ROTTON

he is 17 months and ive spoken to mum who says he only poo's once a day for her ?????:rolleyes:

he's with me 2 full days so i know what he eats -which is the same as my children and they do not poo like that , me and my friend joke that it must be a boy thing so im interested to see some more answers x x

marnieb
28-09-2011, 10:45 AM
yep, deffo a boy thing!!!!! My 2 mindees - both around 2 now - have had the most awful nappies on and off for over a year. Potty training has helped one of them, the other still in nappies and on Friday i had to change his trousers as well they smelt so bad!!!!!!

AliceK
28-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Does this make toilet training more difficult?

xxx

Flisspaps
28-09-2011, 11:07 AM
It's definitely not a 'boy thing' - DD had/has it, it's been much more controlled since I reduced the amount of peas and wheat-based cereal she's eaten and I make sure she has a large banana every day (they tend to cause constipation in most little children but those with runny bums can find it actually makes things more normal)

Jelly Baby
28-09-2011, 12:50 PM
thanks for the replies. Well i have had one this morning and one just before they went down for a sleep which they did in the car on a 10 min journey..all up their backs which would have put my seats out of action if ide had them in pants like mum wants me to..not going to happen im afraid! Glad its not just me though. Am i right in thinking (and im only saying as the 2 preschools i know of) they wont be allowed to start unless they are out of nappies? if so i do think it needs looking into maybe or is it just me because i havent had this before with any of my mindees?
Thanks

Jelly Baby
28-09-2011, 12:51 PM
It could be toddler diarrhoea, I had one with that, its not pleasant! Its also really tricky to figure out if its a bug or not.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Toddler%27s-Diarrhoea.htm

Meant to say they have been like this for as long as i have had them so i dont think a bug!

babs
28-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I mentioned this in post yesterday little boy I have has what I call weetabix poo been like this since he was little now 18 months old. can do me up to 6 nappies aday most are up his back. I find this normal for him now and yes it's hard to tell if he's off colour or not so don't take any chances gloves everytime

Helen79
28-09-2011, 01:25 PM
It could be toddler diarrhoea - fairly common in children up to 5 years old, and other than cutting out pretty much any healthy food it's just something they grow out of. There's some information about it here

ds had toddler diarrhoea. Cutting down on his fruit intake and letting him eat lots more carbohydratey foods like muffins, crumpets, toast, teacakes as snacks all helped.
He eats so much and so fast he can't digest it all properly, especially when he's eaten loads of fruit.

gigglinggoblin
28-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Meant to say they have been like this for as long as i have had them so i dont think a bug!

Badly phrased - I meant it makes it difficult to tell when they have a tummy bug as its not much different for them, unfortuantely it makes a difference to everyone else who comes into contact with it.

Made no difference to potty training for my mindee, he was fine.