PDA

View Full Version : Book Reading Observation

Velleity
28-09-2011, 09:36 AM
We went to a baby group and she took most interest in the crinkly and textured books so I was planning on doing my observation of her playing with them today and me reading them to her - seeing how she touches, plays with the books etc and although it obviously links to -Reading- Communucation, Language and Literacy, I was wondering what other links to the EYFS that activity would have? Any help appreciated. This is my first ever observation!

rosebud
28-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Creative development perhaps as she is exploring textures.

Maza
28-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe something in PSED about concentration or curiosity or choosing an activity/resource for herself. You could always use your observation of her at playgroup as an 'observation', because that is exactly what it was. Just write it up when you get home. You don't have to set up an activity to 'do' an observation, keep it simple for yourself. It takes some getting your head around doesn't it! Your next steps would be to make sure she has access to touchy feely books at your home - which you have done. Good luck, it is daunting when you first begin. x