PDA

View Full Version : Gutted

buzzy bee
27-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I had a mindee leave today...

Mum has been getting her boyfriend to drop off / pick up mindee the last couple of weeks so I haven't seen her in a while...

When her boyfriend picked mindee up today, there was no "thank you so much for all your care etc etc" no card, no text from mum to say she was sorry not to get to say goodbye...

Nothing :(

Wondering if I should text mum to say "bye" - I hate to think it's all ended on these terms! It all feels very negative.

Velleity
27-09-2011, 05:08 PM
If it was me, I'd have invited her to come round to collect her child's records - photos, learning journals - whatever else it is that you have collated over the time you have been minding her.

buzzy bee
27-09-2011, 05:10 PM
If it was me, I'd have invited her to come round to collect her child's records - photos, learning journals - whatever else it is that you have collated over the time you have been minding her.

He wasn't even meant to be leaving today - they've basically pulled a fast one on me and haven't given me full notice (gave me 2 weeks notice 2 weeks before the contract ended).

I had explained I still needed 4 weeks notice and she'd agreed to it, but obviously this was her way of getting out of paying me.

Mindee was just as surprised as I was tonight to hear it was the last day.

So I was planning to give them learning journey etc in 2 weeks when it was (what I thought) was the last day

miffy
27-09-2011, 06:11 PM
That is just a horrible way to end things, some parents :angry:

Sending you a hug and hope something else comes up soon

Miffy xx

Maza
27-09-2011, 07:28 PM
It's dreadful the way she has treated you, but how coould she do that to her own child? As we know, children need preparing for transitions and need a proper chance to say goodbye in order to get closure. Poor thing could become insecure. Poor you, what a downer. x

sarah707
27-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Don't they realise the time and effort we put into their children? :(

Hugs xx

buzzy bee
27-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm still trying to get my head around WHY after all this time, she would want to leave it this way with me - without even saying goodbye to me let alone thank you!

buzzy bee
27-09-2011, 07:54 PM
It's dreadful the way she has treated you, but how coould she do that to her own child? As we know, children need preparing for transitions and need a proper chance to say goodbye in order to get closure. Poor thing could become insecure. Poor you, what a downer. x

I know, I felt so sad for mindee - she seemed so shocked and upset. And a couple of my other mindees were really upset that they hadn't had a chance to say a proper goodbye aswell.