PDA

View Full Version : need some inspiration

Helen79
27-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I've made the decision to just use the lounge and kitchen for cm'ing and to stop using my own children's bedroom as a playroom for the mindees.
But my lounge looks a bit bare so I need some things to brighten it up a bit for when I'm working that I can remove and store away at the end of the day.
So thinking things like rugs, cushions that might make it feel a bit more child friendly if anyone's got any ideas what I can buy?

I also need some craft storage that I can keep in my lounge. In my kitchen I've got the plastic drawers but want something that will look nice enough to stay permanently in the lounge.

mabel
27-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I bought some wooden storage benches/boxes and painted them, also have a traditional dresser full and 2 stools with removable lids in red full of toys and an ikea in bright green stack of trays, oh and an under the stairs cupboard full too - phew

Helen79
27-09-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks. I've got loads of storage space in the kids room that i use for the cm'ing bits but want to have some pretty accessories to brighten up the living room that I can then put away in the wardrobe at the end of the day so I don't feel like I'm living in a nursery int he evenings.
My lounge is just really plain and doesn't look very inviting for the kids in the mornings even with all the toys out.

PixiePetal
27-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I would get a really colourful rug - keep your floor clean too and makes an area to sit and play on. Or get a good size and quality car mat which they can play on too. Mine is the size of a large rug and is really hard wearing but I roll it up at the end of play. Beanbags/cushions too :thumbsup: