PDA

View Full Version : You win some.......You lose some...

Demonjill
26-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Well the prospective parent who was very happy with me and my setting etc has turned me down:(

She is going with a private nursery nearer to the college she is going to as college who are paying her childcare fees wont pay her to drop off at me half hour before college starts and same at end.

She also said as long as she gives them 2 weeks notice that kids wont b there then she is not charged :rolleyes: where as i would charge half fees and these things would have to come out her pocket.

I wonder which nursery it is as all ones i looked at charge whether you use place or not

O well at least things are not in a rush now though as im waiting for the team to contact me so i can download my certificate:clapping: :thumbsup:

Tink
27-09-2011, 05:51 AM
It's a little disheartening when parents sound like they are coming and then turn you down. Keep your chin up though there is always someone else just around the corner. Good Luck xx

miffy
27-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Aaww that's a shame! Fingers crossed something else comes up soon

Miffy xx

Demonjill
27-09-2011, 07:17 AM
I am a little disappointed as it would have been a great start with a very good income.:thumbsup: and worth handing notice in at work for.

However I am glad ive got a bit more preparation time to sort out my business cards, finish log cabin and do the next bit of the garden.
Gives me more time to buy more bits and pieces every week too and to finely tweak my paperwork.

I am also pleased it was just the money side of things that swayed this parent towards the nursery and not my setting, anything i was doing wrong ...or ME lol:laughing:

Gave me good practise for the next parent meeting.:thumbsup:

Libby08
27-09-2011, 10:46 AM
My parents that turned me down were mostley money matters, a lot of parents think if they don't come they don't pay but I had a nanny job like that and eventually I went from full time to hardly any hours and just couldn't afford it anymore! The right parent for you will be more interested in you and their child than just the money, took me 8 months to find this out! :)