PDA

View Full Version : Which schema??

Lu 2010
26-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi all,

Need some help with a schema. Have a little 20 month girl who spends all day repeatedly opening and shutting doors and I'm getting a schema vibe, trouble is I don't know which one it would be so don't know best ways to help her... any ideas or not a schema at all?????????????

sarah707
26-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Some children do seem to be fascinated with opening and closing doors - they would probably enjoy other opening and closing games such as boxes, posting toys etc.

For safety make sure there are finger protectors on all the doors!! :D

kel1983
26-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I am very interested in finding out more about schemas and the answer to your question.

I have a little one that likes to connect cars together and connects magnetic trains together etc. I think it could be the connection schema but need to read up on them more.

I have just ordered myself a book which was recommended to me. Again Again. Understanding schemas in young children.

watgem
27-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I have a little one that does this and he also loves opening/closing lids, talking to my EYSO we thought it may be a type of trajectory schema,as it seems to be that movement that fascinates them-perhaps a cross between diagonal and horizontal trajectory schema? I'm thinking of doing my dissertation on schemas so would be very interested in any schema ideas or suggestions:)