PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tub in the garden...

Nix
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
We have just got a hot tub in the garden which is fabulous...:D but does anyone know of any guidance or policies regarding my mindee's using it too!

I'm happy for them to go in, under supervision and with parental permission, but is there anything I should consider?

Thanks ladies.

Nix,x

crazybones
12-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I hate you :joker: :laughing:

Make sure they cant get near it unsupervised. No sure of any other guidance but there is a thread about re swimming pools so I am sure it is much the same as that if you can find it.

Nix
12-05-2008, 03:23 PM
:blush: Yeah forgot to apologise first. I'm sure people will either hate me or want to be my friend!!:ROFL1:

So...to all those Surrey girls...let me know when you fancy a dip!!:D

Nix

angeldelight
12-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh my daughter would be so jealous she wants one of these

Lucky you

Make sure you are aware of any dangers and do risk ass much the same way that you would for anything

Angel xx

avril
12-05-2008, 03:31 PM
ooooh I've always wanted one of those, maybe one day:rolleyes:

I know young children (not sure on age range) are not suposed to use a jacuzzi so maybe best to check with manufacturer. Other than that just the same as having a big pond or swimming/paddling pool.

wendywu
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I do not think young children can use a hot tub.:)

deeb66
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
You know that I don't live that far from you Nix.....

And you know that I am a lovely lady so would love to come for a soak one day ;) :laughing:

susi513
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Ooh you lucky thing!

Suggest going OTT on your safety policy, some parents/ofsted inspectors might have concerns.

http://www.safegardening.co.uk/HotTubGardenJacuzziSafety.html

http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tpsafety/0,,4258,00.html

Rubybubbles
12-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I have a childminder frined in on of the local villages, she doesn't use it for the children but has a good poilcy on it

such as how you keep it covered, checking the water thingy (temp, clorine ect.)

enjoy, I'd just use it once the lo gone home haha with a large glass of wine:D

Twinkles
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I used to work at a leisure centre and children under 16 weren't allowed to use the jacuzzi. This wasn't just 'cos they'd be really annoying but to do with the way their bodies can't regulate temperatures as well as adults.

breezy
12-05-2008, 06:05 PM
And they would pee in it:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
no to mention make their own bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nix
12-05-2008, 07:34 PM
YUK never thought of that:eek:

Hey Dee, anytime my friend:D

The guidance says children should not remain in it for too long as they are unable to regulate their body temperature in the same way as an adult.

It is covered when not in use with lockable straps and has the appropriate chemicals etc.

Thanks

Nix,x