PDA

View Full Version : charge or not

disney
12-05-2008, 01:34 PM
sorry i have a question i know i have been minding since sept but im still trying to get things right could you tell if you look after a child only in school times when the hols are here my money will be down do you still charge them or not ? i thought at first i wouldnt as i would fill the spaces but i have not :(

deeb66
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi

If the children attend before and after school during term time but don't come in the school holidays then I would claim a 50% retainer.

I wouldn't charge if I could fill the place just for holiday cover.

Remember though that if you do charge the retainer then you are legally bound to look after the child should the parent wish them to come on the off day.......of course they do have to pre arrange with you and pay you full fee for the time they are there.

You are not legally bound to look after the children in the normal times they wouldn't be with you i.e between 9 - 3pm (school hours)

HTH

avril
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes I charge a 50% retainer for a mindee who parents work in schools and for twins I collect once a wk but have told the parents I am there in the holidays if needed as they still have their place and again would not charge if I filled the place

ma7ie
12-05-2008, 01:56 PM
I would do the same as Dee.

disney
12-05-2008, 02:00 PM
well mum is a teacher and said that she would like him to come so she could do her books at home some times over the hols but said she didnt want to pay for a space she may not use .but i was thinking of charging her for the contracted hours and then she can bring him or not iyswim as he only comes mon . tues , weds for 6 hours x

wendywu
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I have teachers children and they pay 50% in the school hols. Inset days in a school week are full rate. They also pay 50% when i am on holiday as they get 13 weeks at half pay .:)