PDA

View Full Version : Inspection report question

bubbly
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
My first ever inspection report was published today.

Am I right in thinking that I need to let my mindees' parents view a copy or at least let them know where they can read it on Ofsted's website?

I'm very pleased with the report. I'm not sure how the inspector could say my First Aid kit was fully stocked when she never opened the box though :p

The only criticism was that I need to consider how the all round development for older children can be further developed i.e. the next steps.

jaja
12-05-2008, 01:13 PM
I thought you had to give each parent a copy, i did anyway and the parents liked that they had a copy.

congratulations of getting a good report

xx

sarah707
12-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I shared mine with all parents - I asked them whether they wanted online or paper copies :D

deeb66
12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I think you are obligated to give a paper copy just in case the parent does not have access to a computer!

I do remember reading somewhere (but can't put my finger on it at the moment!) that you are allowed to charge for the cost of printing i.e. paper & ink......as if :rolleyes: :D

bubbly
12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I do remember reading somewhere (but can't put my finger on it at the moment!) that you are allowed to charge for the cost of printing i.e. paper & ink......as if :rolleyes: :D

My mindees' parents turned up this evening 30 mins early with no warning and asked if they can borrow my computer tomorrow to print some stuff off!!!

Wot a bloomin' cheek :angry:

deeb66
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
My mindees' parents turned up this evening 30 mins early with no warning and asked if they can borrow my computer tomorrow to print some stuff off!!!

Wot a bloomin' cheek :angry:

Yes it is a cheek.......could have at least phoned and asked first!

I would have said......sorry but I got no ink!!!

bubbly
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Believe me, I would've done Dee if I could've thought of a reply quickly enough.

Mind you, due to the kids being collected 30mins early, I've invoiced 'em for 30mins I shouldn't have LOL :laughing:

My contracted hours are 8am - 5pm and the 5pm - 6pm is an additional hour on top. I was assured collection time would be 6pm so that's what I invoiced 'em for.

deeb66
12-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Believe me, I would've done Dee if I could've thought of a reply quickly enough.

Mind you, due to the kids being collected 30mins early, I've invoiced 'em for 30mins I shouldn't have LOL :laughing:

My contracted hours are 8am - 5pm and the 5pm - 6pm is an additional hour on top. I was assured collection time would be 6pm so that's what I invoiced 'em for.

:laughing: :laughing:

That will teach them!

Still think it is bit of a cheek though turning up like that without a courtesy phone call and just expecting to use your printer!

Another case of a parent not using that thing inside their head called a brain :rolleyes:

miffy
12-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I think you are obligated to give a paper copy just in case the parent does not have access to a computer!

I think that is in the bumph they send you with the report and yes you can charge for the actual cost of printing or photocopying

miffy xx

disney
13-05-2008, 08:15 AM
it does say on my report that i do have to give all the parents whos children attend my setting a copy .i have done a news letter for my parents and told them my grades and have said they can go on line t view it . or they may look at mine as its in my portfolio . and that i will make copys at a later date
:) x

bubbly
13-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks everyone. I've printed off a copy for the parents.