PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question....

LittleVoice
25-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Sorry this may seem like a silly question. :o :blush:
But what id like to know is; when you are minding children and one needs to use the toilet upstairs what do you do with the ones down stairs? For example if there is 1 under 1 and 2 under 3, 1 of which needs to use the toilet? Do you have to take the children upstairs with you?
(I'm not minding yet as still on maternity) just getting things ready for when I do want to start.

The Juggler
25-09-2011, 09:02 PM
i would probably take the baby with me hon or use a travel cot downstairs to pop them into whilst I went up to the loo. If both the under 3's were using the toilet then I'd probably take them both and see if they'd both have a try at the same time, so no risks to babe in travel cot whilst you were gone :)

Or if I was taking them all I'd pop the babe in the upstairs travel cot whilst taking other 2 to loo with me.:thumbsup:

primula
25-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Maybe you could use a potty if they are little?

Flisspaps
26-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I leave anyone not using the loo downstairs, the same as if I were to pop to the loo.

Providing the room is safe and you have risk assessed and looked for hazards, this isn't a problem (I did this when Ofsted carried out my graded inspection and the inspector was perfectly happy with this)

mabel
26-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I leave mine - but I like to sit them down with a book or puzzle just to absorb their concentration ! and hopefully they dont notice I have left the room !

The Juggler
26-09-2011, 08:49 PM
i wouldn't leave an under 2 unattended even to the loo. especially not a toddler who is just investigating walking, climbing, standing on things.:panic: