PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do...

devoncm
12-05-2008, 12:42 PM
...ive put leaflets through every door on my scool route ive had cards in windows before but not much interest that way for some reason-im getting no calls what so ever and its depressing!!!
i have just one mindee after school and he only brings me £28 a week which is nothing. im tired of having no children and dont know what to do now

Wendy Woo
12-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Im on a website called opportunity links and have ahd loads of calls from parents viewing that. Im pretty sure it covers everywhere. have u tried that?

Pipsqueak
12-05-2008, 12:47 PM
devon I know what you mean. I update my CIS reguarly, go round places and put my ads up, I've yet to flyer houses but sadly the area is dead as a dodo!:mad: I know I am not the only one in my area but it doesn't make it any better!

Things will look up!

Pipsqueak
12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Im on a website called opportunity links and have ahd loads of calls from parents viewing that. Im pretty sure it covers everywhere. have u tried that?

Wendy - Opp Links is your CIS with a different name!

angeldelight
12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Things do seem a little dead everywhere

I havent had any calls for a while - not that I need them at the moment but god knows what I would do If I did

I really hope you get some calls soon

Good luck

Angel xx

John
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
It's the same here in my home town, with childminders not having any calls all depends on your area and how many childminders you have. As i know their are far to many childminders for the number of children, as in my home town alot of people are not in work and most bigger settings out there cater for out of hours and breakfast clubs. And SureStart helps low income familys too so we are fighting are way thought them.

John.

devoncm
12-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Bit better knowing that everywhere is a bit dead at the moment.
Can someone give me the cis link, i cant find it.

I should be enjoying the peace and quiet i know,i could also be out enjoying the sun but our laptop is broke!

caza
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Fingers crossed that the phone starts ringing for you soon :thumbsup:

Caroline

jaja
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I am struggling too! i have only got one mindee for 4 hours a week so i know what you feel like, i have plastered everywhere with leaflets and posters, on the net and everywhere you can think off but no interest, maybe its the time of year? i have had one lady ring up for sept but not yet.

good luck and my fingers are crossed for you, i`ve got everything crossed for me too!

xx

Spangles
12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Don't give up hope!

Since I registered last year for most of the time I've just had 3 part-timers for a total of 12 hours per week but I've had quite a few calls the last couple of weeks due to childminders moving and retiring so I got a full-timer starting at beginning of June.

Just keep updating CIS as that seems to be where most enquiries come from in my experience.

Get out to toddler groups and wear a NCMA badge or your own childminding top and that's a great way to get enquiries too.

Good luck, I'm sure the phone will start ringing soon.

disney
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
its the same around my area as well :( i was thinking it must be me , im sorry for you i really hope some thing comes along soon x

samgeordie
12-05-2008, 03:02 PM
do you know any other childminders in your area?

One of the childminders in my area got everyone to e-mail her with their vacancies, she then put together a list with everyones vacancies and distributed it to all childminders involved. Then if anyone gets any calls and doesn't have room they can then say oh here is the phone no for a childminder that can help you.

Im just starting out and can't actually start till aug, got 1 person lined up but really need at least 1 more to bring in enough money - so I know how you feel.

Hope the phone starts ringing for you soon