PDA

View Full Version : calling childminders in stafford borough, i need help

lornarache
25-09-2011, 08:44 AM
hello,

i used to be a childminder but left childminding a couple of yrs ago. i have decided to go back to childminding as i miss it. i went to the childminding briefing last week and although ofsted may give you up to max of six children, stafford borough council may reduce this number. i have telephone stafford borough planning and enviromental health departments and both could not give me an answer, in fact they have never heard of this. also family information phoned stafford borough on my behalf and still couldnt get a answer. so i was wondering if any childminders have been through this experience. or if they know how many children is alowed,

thx

lorna

littlemack09
28-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi Lorna - i think I sat next to you at the briefing last week (Laura - on 21st in Stafford?)

Anyway - I cant really help as I was left wondering about the same thing. Have you tried asking one of the women that ran the briefing? x

sarah707
28-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Some areas sometimes limit the numbers a childminder can care for... perhaps because there are already too many childminders / pre-schools / nurseries etc in the area or because of planning regulations.

This can make it difficult if you already have children of your own at home taking up your ratios.

Your local planning department really should be able to tell you though.

I'd go back to the course organiser and check it out again.

Good luck with everything! :D

lornarache
29-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Lorna - i think I sat next to you at the briefing last week (Laura - on 21st in Stafford?)

Anyway - I cant really help as I was left wondering about the same thing. Have you tried asking one of the women that ran the briefing? x

hya laura, yes it was me at the briefing lol, how r you getting on?, in the end i emailed a long letter to stafford borough planning about numbers and im allowed 3 excluding my own. xx
ps keep in touch :)

lornarache
29-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Some areas sometimes limit the numbers a childminder can care for... perhaps because there are already too many childminders / pre-schools / nurseries etc in the area or because of planning regulations.

This can make it difficult if you already have children of your own at home taking up your ratios.

Your local planning department really should be able to tell you though.

I'd go back to the course organiser and check it out again.

Good luck with everything! :D

thx sarah

in the end i just sent stafford borough planning dept a long email. i finally got it sorted :)

littlemack09
06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Glad you got it sorted!!! What a faff! :rolleyes:

I'm good, sent my application off today so a bit scared lol! :eek: Got my paediatric 1st aid tomorrow.

Hows your registration going? x