PDA

View Full Version : Just out of interest - notice writing

Demonjill
24-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Im thinking of how to write my notice for work when i can finally give it up and start minding - hopefully soon.

Any ideas on this - never had to do it before for different reasons:blush:

The Juggler
25-09-2011, 09:11 AM
i would ask them for a meeting to tell them, and explain the reasons then the letter can be brief.

' as per our conversation today, I am giving 4 weeks notice in writing'. I'd end with something nice maybe liek thank you or you've enjoyed working there.:)

Demonjill
25-09-2011, 09:40 AM
i would ask them for a meeting to tell them, and explain the reasons then the letter can be brief.

' as per our conversation today, I am giving 4 weeks notice in writing'. I'd end with something nice maybe liek thank you or you've enjoyed working there.:)

O god :eek: they are so busy I would be waiting for ages for a meeting lol then they might try talk me out of things or offer me scary things to stay lol

Zoomie
25-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Dear xxx

In terms of my contract of employment I am required to give notice of xx. Therefore my last day of work will be xx.

I would like to take this opportunity to say I have enjoyed working here and wish you and the staff further success (or something on those lines).

Yours sincerely
xx

(make sure you sign, date and include your home address somewhere in the letter so that they can forward your P45 / any other correspondence).

The Juggler
25-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Dear xxx

In terms of my contract of employment I am required to give notice of xx. Therefore my last day of work will be xx.

I would like to take this opportunity to say I have enjoyed working here and wish you and the staff further success (or something on those lines).

Yours sincerely
xx

(make sure you sign, date and include your home address somewhere in the letter so that they can forward your P45 / any other correspondence).

I agree with above. if you can't get a meeting soon the just do the letter. good luck xx