PDA

View Full Version : NEW buggies

Demonjill
24-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi all :thumbsup:

Just wondering who has bought brand new buggies/prams for minding and how much you spent??

I bought a lovely new pram/buggy for my DD ( first born) but then used it again for DS even though there are 6.5 years between them lol

So it seems wierd that i would buy a brand new one for cm even though i know it would get lots of use over the years.

Im kicking myself because i have seen 2 fab doubles in charity shops for silly cheap prices a few months back and wish i had got them - even if i then sold them on for profit lol but i was skint at the time Doh

PixiePetal
24-09-2011, 10:05 PM
I bought a new P&T (as well as numerous second hand buggies over the years :blush: )

I had new pram for my first child, used it for my second and then had new Maclaren strollers them which I used for work but now we live in the country they are useless so got P&T new to take on bus to town and a second hand double mountain buggy for the muddy walks. :thumbsup:

mummyMia
25-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I recently bought a new P&T for childminding. I was lucky and found one that was on clearance sale at a really good price. I did look into used ones on ebay but they were quite expensive and the delivery costs were high. I am hoping that it will last longer than if I had bought a used one:)

Buggy - £200
Doubles seat - £70
Rain cover - £20
Still need to find some footmuffs somewhere and those are soooo expensive!

I did the same as you and used my first child's buggy for my second instead of buying a new one. It was a maclaren techno xt and those last really well.

blue bear
25-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I have always bought new but only when old one dropped to bits, my friend always gets hers from car boots and has had some real bargains, she replaces hers more often than me though so I think it's swings and roundabouts.

The Juggler
25-09-2011, 12:25 PM
My minding buggies have been a totally mish mash. i used dd's old single until it really needed replacing. I've bought 3 brand new doubles, 2 which were used until broken, and the last 1 I sold on when I bought a second hand double/triple convertible.

I also bought a second hand double at 1 point but it broke in first month :angry: I've had a hand me down single maclaren from a friend that I used until it was totally knackered and I've currently got a century single that I've had for about 4 or 5 years and is good nick which I paid £40 for.

HMT81
26-09-2011, 01:21 PM
My doubles have all been 2nd hand (I'm on my 3rd now as I find it hard to find 1 I get on with) and they have ranged from £20 to £40. My triple I had to get new and that was £150 as the cheapest 2nd hand I could find was £300!!

~Grasshopper~
26-09-2011, 05:19 PM
hiya

i love prams i currently own 2 doubles and about 5 singles, and am seeking out another. i bought a second hand p&t when i started but have now sold it and bought a new nipper, i would rather have new but sometimes needs must.

xx

fatima
26-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi I have a baby jogger city mini double on order easy to fold even folds down flat for younger ones i also like the fact you can adjust the the 2 seats separate to what you want easy to fold and when all wheels are off takes about 2 seconds and just clips back in easy, also the hood comes down really down again 2 seaparate hoods which can be used as a sun shade fits in my zafira when all seats are up even better I paid £390 for the pram which includes the child tray and the nice lady in the shop gave me the rain cover free also asked for business cards as she gets a lot of mothers from my area which is even better for me.:) :) :)

miffy
27-09-2011, 06:45 AM
I've just bought a new out n about nipper 360 double and it's great.

After years of pushing my very old double buggy, it's marvellous to be able to push this one single-handed. I might actually be able to get through the snow this year!

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
27-09-2011, 06:49 AM
I've just bought a new out n about nipper 360 double and it's great.

After years of pushing my very old double buggy, it's marvellous to be able to push this one single-handed. I might actually be able to get through the snow this year!

Miffy xx

I was thinking of the snow when I got my mountain buggy double - mind you we couldn't get out of the garden till DH cleared the lane with his tractor it was so deep :rolleyes: