PDA

View Full Version : risk assesments for toddler groups/outings etc

lulubelle
24-09-2011, 06:05 PM
i am just going through/up dating my risk assessments and am fine with my ones at home, in the house etc but wondering what else to put/you guys have in risk assessments for places like toddler groups/parks/the woods etc? have inspection coming up so wanna make sure i have eveything covered! lol!

rickysmiths
24-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I have an Outings one and a Car one.

The outings one includes things like having the right buggy, sun/rain covers, portable potty if needed, bag with changing stuff, picnic if required, water, changes of clothes, nappies, wipes, changing mat, gloves, nappy bags, sun cream, medication, emergency contact book, phone charged and with credit etc.

The car one has all the things which I would need to do for any outing leaving the house and the car one covers all the main things, enough petrol, insurance and tax in place, MOT, tyres ok, screen wash topped up,correct car seats, first aid kit, torch, space blankets, fleece blankets in winter, emergency kit in boot with food (rasins, cereal bars, biscuits, jar of baby food if I have a baby, drinks usually water and a carton of long life milk, nappies, formular, bottles I have one of the Platex ones with the sterile liners and cups and spoons, disposable bibs, wipes.

Then I do one for each place I go. Pre-School, School Runs, one for each school, Toddler/Childminding Groups, one for each one, Parks/Playgrounds and one for each of any other places I go.

Penny1959
25-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Hello
I am well known for hating paperwork and having generic documents and keeping notes in my diary rather than filling in forms.

But I do have have a generic Toddler group one which covers the things I need to think about - which I then do in my head. I only write something down if I come across something that is a risk for the children in my care that day - then I write it in my diary.

If you would like to look at mine PM me with you email address and I will send it to you.

Penny :)

The Juggler
25-09-2011, 12:28 PM
i have one for toddler groups, one for outdoor outings (parks etc), one for indoor outings (soft play etc), one for school runs then my settign RA's. That's my limit :D

lulubelle
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
another question as going through them again! do i have to risk assess each school run i do (i do 3 diff schools and 2 nurserys) or is 1 general one enough?

sarah707
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
another question as going through them again! do i have to risk assess each school run i do (i do 3 diff schools and 2 nurserys) or is 1 general one enough?

You can do 1 general RA but then you should also do specific ones for any differences between the schools such as playgrounds where children might escape or tricky gates / doors etc.

Hth :D

lulubelle
06-10-2011, 06:39 PM
thank u! just trying to make sure theres nothing for mrs o to pick holes in!!!