PDA

View Full Version : Upstairs..Downstairs!

Cassie
24-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Do you take parents upstairs when they come for an induction visit? I do use bedrooms for travel cots(registered by Ofsted) but don't feel i want parents looking around them!!! I explain about sleeping procedures but should i be showing them the rooms????:huh:

Wendybird
24-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I do show them as they are registered and when I was looking for childcare for my son all the settings showed me the sleeping area. I suppose it is really up to you though.

Natternic
24-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I show them

chez
24-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I would just for peace of mind for the parents if they can imagine their little one cuddled up in the travel cot/bed then i feel it helps them to cope with the day

rickysmiths
24-09-2011, 06:49 PM
No I don't. Upstairs is my private space and my bedrooms.

They have to be content that Ofsted have registered the whole of upstairs and therefore they have deemed it safe.

Though I must say when I was inspected 2 weeks ago I offered to take the inspector upstairs and she declined :rolleyes:

blue bear
24-09-2011, 09:29 PM
I did when mindees slept upstairs but we have a downstairs bedroom now so no need as mindees never go upstairs

wendywu
25-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I do as i would want to see where my baby was sleeping . :D

mummyMia
25-09-2011, 10:58 AM
When I used a childminder for my baby he slept upstairs but the childminder never took me up there. Only later, when I became friends with her and she was no longer looking after him did she show me the upstairs. It really bothered me at the time. She probably didn't show me earlier because it was quite messy up there but this would not have worried me at all. I would have just liked to see it so that when I was at work I could imagine ds sleeping there.

For this reason, I do take parents upstairs, if their child is young enough to need naps. I only take them into the one bedroom though. Then I just wave towards the other rooms and say that I don't really use those for childminding (even though they are registered).

Libby08
25-09-2011, 11:03 AM
i dont use my bedroom for minding but as it is registered i show it to parents when they visit. If a minder refused to show a parent a room (if they asked to see it) it could put them off. Although if a parent doesnt ask to go upstairs then id not bother.