PDA

View Full Version : Toddler groups

Demonjill
23-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi just a quick question

Do any of you take mindees to toddle groups ages since ive been to one so just wondered how they work.

If you do do you pay or parents and how often do you go?:)

ziggy
23-09-2011, 08:27 PM
I try to go to our local one on a wednesday. It's £3 per family/adult and i pay as i take at least 2 children from different families

Happy Bunny
23-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I go to 2 toddler groups and I pay for them.

Dragonfly
23-09-2011, 08:41 PM
If i went to a toddler group I wouldnt expect the parent to pay, after all they are paying you.

miffy
23-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Sometimes I pay and sometimes I split the cost between the families, depends how much it costs and how many I go to.

Miffy xx

catswhiskers
23-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I go to a toddler group every day except Friday, when I go to the local park.

The Tuesday group I actually get there for 8.45am to open up the hall, set everything up, open fire doors, get the kitchen rolling, make sure toilets have loo rolls, tidy up. I used to do song-time but tidying up and song-time at the same time doesn't always happen so there are other people to lead the singing.

I pay £2 per adult for all the toddler groups.

We get back, have lunch, sleep time and then play in garden or go to local park.

In between there is bottles, changing nappies, playing, etc.

This works well for me anyway.

littlegremlins
24-09-2011, 08:45 AM
I have started going to one on a Wednesday and Thursday, I have one child on a Friday and tried one out for him which he liked so that will be a regular and there is another playgroup on a Tuesday I intend to try out. I pay the fees for these as I think they are modest charges.

Ripeberry
24-09-2011, 08:59 AM
I go to three playgroups and most are CM groups. I pay for each one but put it down as expenses together with the travelling mileage.

Demonjill
24-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys

The reason im asking is that a potential parent already takes her 2 children to a toddler group in my village and she is keen for them to keep going as they love it.
I said I would go once a week as long as it suited whatever kids i had and yes if its just once a week i would pay no probs.

Demonjill
24-09-2011, 01:00 PM
If i went to a toddler group I wouldnt expect the parent to pay, after all they are paying you.

i see what you mean but this was this particular parents idea not mine lol

Wendybird
24-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I do and fees for regular groups are included in my fee - anything extra is agreed prior to the outing. I do this because there are groups I take my son to and am not willing to stop taking him because a parent doesn't want to pay the extra bit a week. I considered this when I set my fees and all our activities are part of my advertising that sets me apart from other settings (for better or worse - ha!).

Wendybird
24-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Sorry, just read replies - if it is the parent's wish then I would expect the parent to pay.

chez
24-09-2011, 05:48 PM
currently we go to a toddler group every morning. However in my new setting I plan to go to one a couple of times a week in order to have time at home to do things with the children.

RachelE
24-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I go to a toddler group 4 times a week - 2 are £1, one £1.50 and one £2. Most of these are only for an hour and a half and are a lifeline!!

I pay for them - far easier than messing about relying on parents - I'd rather they concentrate on paying me and remembering the other stuff!

Rachel x

Demonjill
24-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks for all replies:thumbsup:

I only went to one or two with DD when she was wee - ( she is now 14 so shows you how long ago that was) and TBH it wasnt the best experience as people already in their groups etc and didnt really include me - seem to remember running about after loads of kids while others were drinking tea and SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the kitchen part

Hopefully things have changed lol( this group was not where i stay now lol)

If i did take on this potential parent i would prob go along with her and the 2 kids to meet everyone and be introduced( gets my name out there) and see what goes on then be better when i take them myself - sounds like a plan lol