PDA

View Full Version : broken fence and ofsted inspection!!!

lulubelle
23-09-2011, 04:34 PM
just got home from our holiday to find out our fence has blown down and a answer phone message from inspector to call and arrange inspection!!!argh!!!

can i get away with saying (and actually doing) that all parents have had letters to say that the fence will be mended asap and that in the mean time the garden is closed (would i have to notify ofstead of this?)

i was also thinking of putting a copy of the note on the parents notice board.

would i get away with this?

caz3007
23-09-2011, 04:39 PM
just got home from our holiday to find out our fence has blown down and a answer phone message from inspector to call and arrange inspection!!!argh!!!

can i get away with saying (and actually doing) that all parents have had letters to say that the fence will be mended asap and that in the mean time the garden is closed (would i have to notify ofstead of this?)

i was also thinking of putting a copy of the note on the parents notice board.

would i get away with this?

I had the same, my inspection was in December and my fence was down, I had added it to my risk assessment and said that it would be repaired in the spring and explained to my inspector that the garden didnt get used during the winter as its too boggy and slippery and that we have several parks with hard surfaces that we used instead. She was fine with it and never commented in her report

So I think you would be ok, its something that cant be helped but I would put in your letter to parents that you will endeavour to take the children outside to the park, for walks etc until the garden is safe again

PixiePetal
23-09-2011, 04:41 PM
These things happen - On RA for garden I would add a time scale for when the work will be done and that you will use alternative outdoor space for play - ie park/countryside.

miffy
23-09-2011, 04:58 PM
These things happen - On RA for garden I would add a time scale for when the work will be done and that you will use alternative outdoor space for play - ie park/countryside.

I agree - definitely make sure that you explain that you've made alternative arrangements for the children to play outdoors until the fence is fixed.

Miffy xx

lulubelle
24-09-2011, 12:32 PM
thanks for all your replys but i woke up ths morning to some banging outside, didnt think much of it as i know the landlord next door is doing some work on his house before he rents it out again, went to hang washing out and he has replaced the panels that need it and mended what can be, looks better than it did before!!!

ideally i want to replace it all with 6 foot instead of 4 but it has meant i can breath a sigh of relieaf until i can afford to fix it!

boxtree7
24-09-2011, 01:13 PM
so long as its risk assessed you should be covered -