PDA

View Full Version : parent visit tonight at 8pm ????

heidicat
23-09-2011, 02:59 PM
As the title says, a lady has just phoned to ask if she can visit tonight at 8pm. :panic:
For one thing... Its Friday night..and another... 8pm is well past wine o'clock!

Could do with the work so dont want to turn her down.. but surely its too late to bring a child with her?

What do i do??
x

Pipsqueak
23-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Way too late for me - I would have arranged it for tomorrow morning

Carpet Monkeys
23-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I only do visits during minded hours, very rarely I'll ask someone to pop round at the weekend but never late in the evening (that's my time!)

How soon is she looking for care to start? If it's next week, try re-arranging till tomorrow, or Monday if it's not until later in the week during working hours :)

QualityCare
23-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I only arrange visits during minding hours.

Natternic
23-09-2011, 03:35 PM
have you actually got any work? and do you already have arrangements for this evening?
I would do it as i dont have any work, maybe either lie and say your actually going out and tommorrow would be better.

lol - youve probably sorted this now anyhow
good luck
x

heidicat
23-09-2011, 03:46 PM
She left a message so I've just left her one as she didn't answer phone. Said no, sorry its too late and I could do tomorrow or Mon but definitely not tonight. We'll see what happens!

Thanks for replies - wine o'clock can start on time!

Happy weekend xx

miffy
23-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I hope she comes back to you!

Enjoy your evening

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
23-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Hope she gets back to you. I would have done it if I needed the work.

I never see parents for the first time when I am working. I don't think it is fair on the children to take my attention away from them, and I can't concentrate on the prospective parents.

I also don't like having people I don't know and haven't met before coming in when I'm minding.

Helcatt
23-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I never see parents for the first time when I am working. I don't think it is fair on the children to take my attention away from them, and I can't concentrate on the prospective parents.

I also don't like having people I don't know and haven't met before coming in when I'm minding.

I am the same, I usually end up interviewing on a saturday morning. I once or twice have after work, so just long enough to clear up the chaos. I ahve interviewed when minding but really don't like to

Though saying that, it is easier now I have an assistant as he can take control of mindees while I talk to parents and he interjects when I forget things............... Poor boy, he WILL learn :where is the bottom spanking smilie?:

Hx