PDA

View Full Version : struggling to get children

wonderwoman80
23-09-2011, 02:17 PM
been registered for two weeks now and not really started yet. Put a message on facebook and had two lots of interest but then due to their work commitments nothing took off. Have advertised on ************* and net mums. Just been around town, supermarkets etc putting up posters. Fingers crossed some interest soon.

xgemx
23-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Im just waiting for my certificate to come through and have been trying to line up work for november but from reading on here it seems like 6 months is an average to get your 1st mindee so 2 weeks is quite a short time, have you put leaflet/cards in local shops, baby clubs, schools etc

wonderwoman80
23-09-2011, 02:34 PM
really six months? I was hoping I would have work straight away. Am a Teaching Assistant so thought that might have helped. Yeh put as many posters up as I can. Some places you think would help like libraries etc dont! Oh well will wait a few more weeks and if nothing will think about website and advertising in papers.

Natternic
23-09-2011, 03:42 PM
It really does depend on the area you live and the demand! I have been registered 1.9.11, started advertising mid august and have only had one official enquiry. I knew the demand in my area wasnt high, and its a bit disheartning, as i just want to get going got so many plans and ideas. But like i say i knew it wouldnt be easy.
good luck

miffy
23-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Sometimes work is slow coming in but most get some eventually. Just make sure you tell everyone you meet that you are now registered - word of mouth is one of the best ways of advertising.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Balibali
24-09-2011, 06:40 AM
I have to wait 3 months!
Before I'm registered I got 2 people very interest, but since my registration very slow, they went to another cm. When I'm registered I got none, well I have about 6 families come but they all for different school that I can't covered.
But don't worry, they will come, but don't just take anyone, you have to be sure with somebody that you feel you can work with.
Best of luck

Poppy

The Juggler
24-09-2011, 07:46 AM
really six months? I was hoping I would have work straight away. Am a Teaching Assistant so thought that might have helped. Yeh put as many posters up as I can. Some places you think would help like libraries etc dont! Oh well will wait a few more weeks and if nothing will think about website and advertising in papers.

have you told your school office so they can pass your number to parents looking for after school care?

nikkiross1
24-09-2011, 08:44 AM
i'm in the same boat :-( i had one enquiry and nothing since! its horrible just waiting, every time i get an email i think it could be a parent - but nope just a junk email!!! x

Beccles26
24-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I am in the same bout as you, have been registered since august, have had a few people intrested then just not turn up, and have had people say they want me but when it comes round to singing contracts they let me down, I have been out of work for nearly two months now, so really starting to panic, you just have to stay positive, is there a childmining group locally that you could join?