PDA

View Full Version : trip into city centre

JCrakers
23-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi all,

Im so knackered after going into the city this morning with dd on the train. We took the train, about 20min journey and I had a 20m old mindee with me. dd had a dentist app and hubby had an important meeting so I said we would go on the train. It was about a 30min walk from the station so after a mad scramble of baby, pushchair, two bags and dd (who was very very helpful) and a big walk, im pooped.

Because we live in a smallesh town with the majority of people being white it was an experience as the area we walked through was a highly populated muslim area. We passed three mosques, and the smell of food cooking on every street smelt delicious as I was starving....lol

It was quite an adventure as we dont usually go out of town with mindee....but I wont be doing it again..Im so glad I only had 1 mindee...Phew

Becky

sharonmanc
23-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Although your pooped, it sounds a great experience for the little ones. I very rarely go into my city centre these days but when we do it is a big adventure, the kids love it, there is always so much to see, just teh simple fact of leaving the ar at home and getting the train is exciting for the little ones.

lyla's mum
23-09-2011, 04:34 PM
we took the train to blackpool twice through the school holidays when i only had dd and one mindee. to get to the train station we have to go to manchester which is a half hour bus ride away and then a further hour and a bit on the train! fab days out both times, something totally different for all of us, but not something i have the energy to do on a regular basis!! :)

PixiePetal
23-09-2011, 04:44 PM
my 2 yr old mindee has been asking to go on the train with me - think it will be a trip to the seaside and park then home again!