PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit!

amyf84
23-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Si i have been waiting for weeks and weeks to hear from Ofsted about coming to do my pre-reg visit despite me calling. I get a call this morning and she is coming on Monday!!!

So now i am in a panic, trying to finish last bits in house, tidy up, etc. What do i need to do/have in place for my visit and what sort of questions do they usually ask. I hate not knowing what is going on and like to be prepared so this is stressing me a little.

Please help.

Amy x

Balibali
23-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Relax, you'll be fine. I was like you I'm terrified, I was waiting nearly 3 months until they ome, I'm not as brave as you to call them :panic: . When she came she was very nice and relaks.
Just have all your policies ready, and your CRB and your husband or any other adult at home, your ID. Make sure if you have pets, you have your pet maintenance, etc. Make sure all room that you going to use all child proof.
I think that's all.
Good luck, and have your cup of tea ready :clapping:

Coco
23-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I didn't have much ready for my pre reg visit at all. She looked through the house (I have two children so most things are in place) to tell me what extra bits I needed - fire blanket, extra lock on side gate. She looked at the P and P that I have done for CYPOP5 which is all I have at the moment. She asked questions and that was it. Nothing really to worry about at all. It's when Ofsted do their inspection that I have to have everything in place. I would imagine each inspector is different and possibly each county but I'm Suffolk and it was fine. X

amyf84
23-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks Coco, im Suffolk too so hopefully everything will be ok. I have 3 children so im not too worried about my house as i know its as safe as it could be. I have all my policies and RA's done, i need to get my fire blanket and first aid kit but apart from that im good to go!!

Amy x

Coco
23-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Well done you having all of your P and P done. I hope I'll have my CYPOP done by the end of next week and then I'll be able to think about something other that coursework!

miffy
23-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Good luck Amy, hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx