PDA

View Full Version : Insepection

Jo&BabyDillon
23-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

So i just had my inspection phonecall and they are coming Monday or Tuesday, so really want to win these guys over, any ideas for an amazing activity for a 3yr 2yr and 10 month old?

Don't want to do the usual treasure baskets and sticking and creative play, i want to really impress.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jo x x

Flisspaps
23-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Honestly, do something that you're used to and the children are used to.

There's less scope for something to go wrong and you know the children will enjoy it. Don't make work for yourself by doing something new and 'impressive' when you'll have enough to think about already :)

sarah707
23-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I would stick to what the children know as well. It's important they are comfortable in their routines and not confused by new things happening - it will be hard enough having an stranger in the house... plus they will pick up on you being nervous.

Are you all organised? :D

rosebud
23-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I agree with Sarah, keep it simple. They will just want to see how you interact with the children and adjust what you do to their individual levels. I just played a game (tumbling monkeys) at my inspection and she was quite happy with that. (Although not in your case as wouldn't suit the baby)

rickysmiths
23-09-2011, 01:09 PM
I agree. Do something you would normally do that way the children are more likely to talk about it an behave better. You should not put on a show for Ofsted.

Oh and just as a point of interest they should have told you which day and time they are coming not told you it will be one of two days. That is what Ofsted have instructed both Tribal and Prospects they have to do with all childminders. Day and time specfic appointment for all inspections :thumbsup:

miffy
23-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Let the children choose what they want to do - follow their lead and see where it takes you.

Miffy xx

marlee1986
26-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I HAS MNE RECENTLY AND HAD 1 DAYS NOTICE :O, WE DONE DRAWING, COLOURING AND CUTTING AND READING BOOKS, JUST WHEN WE WERE DOINF JUST TALKED LOADS ABOUT WHT THEY WERE DRAWING AND THINGS LIKE SHAPES COLOURS ANIMALS WHERE THEY LIVE ETC, INSPECTIOR WAS V. IMPRESSED WITH MY COMMUNICATION :) XXX