PDA

View Full Version : Some info please!!

chez1373
12-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi All
My Hubby is thinking about going into childminding with me can anyone tell me what he has to do is there a differance between assitant and childminder?

Where would i start getting him sorted out?

Also ive had a great week guys ive managed to get another 4 children all at different times and its brilliant things have really turned around for us this week

Thanks in advance xx

avril
12-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Congratulations on your new mindees, glad things are going well

Sorry I cannot give information about hubby becoming a childminder bu I'm sure someone will come along very soon who can, maybe try ring ofsted for advice though

littlesprogs
12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
To get your husband registered he will need to go through the same process you did. Attending the meetings and icp course etc.

chez1373
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Ok Guys ive just phoned Ofsted and asked what the differance was and what we would need to do..

If he became my assisstant he wouldnt need to be registered and we would have to ask for a variation in numbers in order to get more mindees.
But i only want him as i need to get to two schools at the same time if i took on a new child...
So i asked if he could pick up from schools and he said yes as long as the parents have signed to say he is the one picking them up so im happy dont know how loing it is goin to take but thanks for advice need to phone ofsted again now lol

Cheryl

sarah707
12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Great news with the mindees - well done!! :clapping:

As for your husband registering - he will need to do ICP, First Aid course and any other courses that come up including training for EYFS if he is registered for under 5s...

He will also need to be looking towards being level 3 qualified in the future and he will have his own inspections where he will need to show the contribution he personally makes to the business.

Hope that helps :D