PDA

View Full Version : Books about the Army

Bernie
22-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi,

My DS (5yr) said to me tonight. Mummy I really would like to learn about 'The Army'. I think it is the IN game in the playground and it is not something he knows anything about. I want to teach him its not just about guns and shooting.

Does anyone know of a non fiction book about 'The Army' that is good for a 5 yr old? I'll pop to the library tomorrow, but they are not very helpfull down there unless you have a Title or an author.

Many Thanks in Advance

xx

sarah707
22-09-2011, 08:13 PM
You could look at stuff about tanks, warships, battles that have been fought in history etc.

Ds went through a period of playing with his toy soldiers and setting up battles all over the living room... maybe get him some little soldiers to play with.

There are wargames shops where he could go and look at / buy proper models - they sell paints and other stuff as well if he is interested in that side of things.

Hth :D

The Juggler
22-09-2011, 08:18 PM
i wonder if there are any books for families about 'life in the army' maybe ??? or pastimes do a lovely set of ww2 memorabilia. :)

Carpet Monkeys
22-09-2011, 09:04 PM
I've seen a book somewhere, just going to google it ... however, have these pictures to colour in

http://www.coloring-pages-book-for-kids-boys.com/army-coloring-page.html