PDA

View Full Version : EYFS framework

NicoleW
22-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Okay so I have my statutory framework for the EYFS and Practice Guidance.

I use the practice guidance just for planning and I'm just starting to read through the framework.

Do they both interlink? I want to get a thorough understanding of it all to help me childmind and get the best I possibly can out of it so the children will benefit.

I'm confusing myself over the principles? A unique child, knowing that all children are competent learners from birth and each child is an individual, they are resilient and something I can't remember?

I'm picking one principle at a time and really looking into it, is this a good idea to do to help me form a better understanding?

sarah707
22-09-2011, 08:05 PM
The statutory framework is the MUST do absolute minimum and you need to be certain you can say 'yes I do that' to each of the sections.

The statutory guidance covers the development matters information which you use when you are observing and planning for children.

There is also some other useful info in the statutory guidance such as advice about risk assessments.

The themes and principles of the Eyfs are like guiding statements. They are there to help you make sure your practice is managed in the best possible way.

Hth :D

NicoleW
22-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Well so far I've been able to answer "yes i do that" for each child (including my own) in my setting.

Saying that though I'm only on Positive Relationships, taking my time with this one to make sure I fully understand it.

sarah707
23-09-2011, 07:04 AM
After your initial read through you might find it useful to go back through them all and ask yourself 'where is the evidence?

:D