PDA

View Full Version : Looking for inspiration for the dressing up box!

Mouse
22-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I have a big basket out & put various different dressing up things in it. At the moment we've got lots of different hats, some shoes, bags, scarves and magic wands.

The children are starting to get bored with it now, so I'm looking for a change.

I don't want "dressing up" clothes, as in princess dresses, fireman outfit etc, but I want things that even the littlest crawlers can help themselves to (the hats have been great as they can just plonk them on their heads!).

Any ideas? I'm looking for things for ages 8mths up to about 3yrs.

rosebud
22-09-2011, 10:06 AM
My most played with item is an old net curtain - they love it. Sometimes its a wedding dress, sometimes its a skirt or a cape. I also have various pieces of fabric about a metre long and they like those too as they can be anything they want. Keep it simple, I think you're on the right track with hats, shoes and bags. you could also try a putting a post on freecycle for dressing up costumes and see what you get.

jane5
22-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Have a look in the charity shops, you can find "real" clothes and really cheap.
You can get cardys, coats, bags ect....

I also only put 3 or 4 out fits out and rotate them every couple of weeks.

Polly2
22-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Mine like trying on chunky beads and necklaces and my shoes!

youarewhatyoueat
22-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Go to a fabric shop and get lots of off cuts, sari material is fab and any shiny bits the children love, add some belts, cord, pegs and they can do their own thing.

miffy
22-09-2011, 11:54 AM
A very nice member on here made me some lovely capes which are very popular, also used as skirts!

Miffy xx

mabel
22-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Sari's are great you can even make a den with the too !

blue bear
22-09-2011, 04:28 PM
I tend to go with themes, do with builders hat I add torches, cement spreader, tape measure, with doctors coat I add doctors tools, bandages, hospital night dress etc.
We have stop watches, wallets, jewellry, scarves, tools, torches, watches,belts, hats, ribbons, pegs, material, plastic flowers