PDA

View Full Version : OMG my new favourite double

kel1983
21-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I bought a second hand phil and teds e3 last week for £100. Then relised once i got it that the wheel was buckled and the bearings had gone so my dad advised me to buy a new set of wheels. They cost me £80 :eek:

The hood also needed replaceing which cost me £15 :eek:

Also had to replace the foam on the handle. Lukily found a replacement piece for sale on ebay for £8

But now its like new and I think it will get more use than my Out n About double which I also love

Im very impressed with this pushchair. Especially when all the individuals parts can be replaced so easily unlike other pushchairs

And as an added bonus, the kids love it. They fight over who is going in the back :clapping:

Just need to decide where to put all the book bags and bottles the older children come out of school with. Where do you all put it? I suppose they should be able to carry it all themselves. The little one hated having to share the basket with the many bits today.

miss mopple
21-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I have an old E3 too and love it :thumbsup:

I make all mine carry their own bags etc- even the pre schoolers :blush:

jane5
21-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I bought a sport a couple of months ago and love it.

I have got the bags that go on the sides, pannier bags I think they are called.
They hold loads and you can get them from ebay :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
21-09-2011, 10:23 PM

I do too :blush: If I didin't I'd look like a pack horse :laughing:

I have a P&T too and love it although at the moment it has a puncture, every time we sort it another one appears before I've even moved it :panic:

Carol xx

miffy
22-09-2011, 07:00 AM

Me too - I'm glad to hear other people do the same!

Miffy xx

singingcactus
22-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Yep, the kids here carry their own too. I'm a care provider not a maid.

kel1983
22-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Haha. Think Im gonna have to get tough with them. Perhaps I'm just too nice :blush:

The Juggler
22-09-2011, 09:13 AM

I do too :blush: If I didin't I'd look like a pack horse :laughing:

I have a P&T too and love it although at the moment it has a puncture, every time we sort it another one appears before I've even moved it :panic:

Carol xx

why don't you get the wheels filled hon - Pearsons (the bike shop) does it. :thumbsup:

ziggy
22-09-2011, 09:16 AM
some days have 6 on school run, so all mine carry their own:blush:

rosebud
22-09-2011, 09:47 AM
I have a P&T too and love it although at the moment it has a puncture, every time we sort it another one appears before I've even moved it

I had this problem too so went to Halfords and bought some green gel stuff (don't know what its called sorry) and filled the tyres with that, it worked a treat and I've never had a problem since.

Loz74
22-09-2011, 09:52 AM
as you are all talking about the phil and ted i am just looking at getting on ebut need to no if you can fit a buggie board to them

kindredspirits
22-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I might just have to invest in one if I get a non-walker after bubs is born! ;) don't like the idea of a teeny baby in my powertwin, the straps seem so loose even on the biggies!

kel1983
22-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh forgot to say also got the cocoon which is very handy as we mind 7 week old 3 mornings a week. He was prem so is very tiny for his age. Not really tried him out in it yet with the older one on top.

mummyMia
22-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I never knew you could get the tires filled. I have only been using mine a few days and already have a puncture! Love it otherwise:)

onceinabluemoon
22-09-2011, 12:55 PM
beware of thorns!! these go through your tyres faster than glass!

Libby08
22-09-2011, 01:06 PM
as you are all talking about the phil and ted i am just looking at getting on ebut need to no if you can fit a buggie board to them
I saw someone yesterday with a buggy board on a Phil and teds but couldn't tell you which one! I only noticed it as im after one too, they go for a lot even second hand and I have a perfectly good maclaren double so will only get one if I could find a real bargain!
Do you they fold down small or not as my maclaren takes up a lot of space!?

Rubybubbles
22-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I've had my e3 for years love it :) but I aslo have the out and about nipper so I can use the buggy board with that when it was needed:)

I am finishing childminding next week (ekk thats come round fast) but holding onto them as I may childmind in the near future still:thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
22-09-2011, 07:55 PM
you can put a buggyboard on a p&t BUT not with the second seat on, so pointless to be honest.

i sold my vibe and bought a nipper 360 which is good and has a buggyboard fitted now but i miss my p&t :(

xx

Coco
22-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Do you they fold down small or not as my maclaren takes up a lot of space!?

I have the Phil and Teds Dash which I love. They fold down reasonably small and you can take off the three wheels very easily.

I have the Pannier bags too but if they are full, they do make the buggy just as wide as a double!