PDA

View Full Version : eeek I jot a job - contract question

IsabellaB
21-09-2011, 04:57 PM
After months of advertising I finally have an offer, although not from the normal methods

I am being paid by the local childrens centre to mind 2 children whilst they run a parenting session for 3 hours a week. They are going to apply for funding and pay me when it get through ( I know some of you will say don't do it etc but I am not in a hurry to get the money and I figured a good will gesture to the childrens centre staff can not hurt )

I will get the parents to fill in all of the about me form etc but wondered what I should be getting the childrens centre to sign if anything

QualityCare
21-09-2011, 05:09 PM
You may have to just bill the centre each week for the money.

Erika
21-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I'd get the contract signed by someone - just to be absolutely sure that if anything happens, you won't be stiffed - when all is said and done, it's difficult (not impossible but extremely difficult) to enforce payment without a contract - particularly when there is a third party involved.

Personally I always think the contract should be with the parent. If they get funding to pay for the childcare who prefer tp pay you directly that's fair enough - but the responsibility will then fall to the parent to fulfill the contract and pay you and chase up her funding.

miffy
22-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Who will be paying you - parent or children's centre?

Miffy xx