PDA

View Full Version : Planned activities

snufflepuff
21-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I feel like i'm doing this all wrong!

Out of my 4 mindees, A and B attend one day a week, C attends one and a half days each week, and D does 2 days. A, B and C all attend on Mondays, then C's half day is a pick up from nursery- she tends to be shattered and just wants to relax. This means that each Monday I have to fit in 3 different planned activities, one each for A, B and C. I can't do it! Meals, nappy changes, nap times etc get in the way!

Do you think that one activity per month would be okay for A, B and C? It's not just physically fitting the activities in that's an issue, it's writing them all up, linking, next steps etc. We obviously still do lots- general playing, crafts, outdoor play etc. It's just that none of that stuff needs lots of paperwork which makes things so much easier!

Does all this make sense or am I still on the wrong track?!

blue bear
21-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't do adult led activities daily which is what I am assuming you mean? Daily activities come from the day before (or last day child came) so today I made sure the Playmobil pirate ship was out because one of my children played with it for ages on Monday, I added some more figures and a treasure box. I only write up observations and next steps for significant moments other wise I'd never have time to do anything else.

sandy64
21-09-2011, 04:25 PM
hi i think your getting in a muddle and panicking:) you dont have to do craft activities daily you can put a few toys/activities out around the room ie threading, blocks, smallworld sand water etc then if lo dont want to play with it it doesnt matter then you can add if you observe and find there enjoying it ie people to sand boats to blocks etc you can sit and do an observation on what you see if its somethink different or a development, then build on what the lo like for next day adding to suit childs needs.
hope i havent confused you:)

sarah707
21-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Why are you planning 3 activities?

It would be much easier to plan 1 activity and use that in different ways for each child.

Plan - painting activity

Jane likes to put her hands in paint so you could do some hand prints

John splatters paint everywhere so give him the easel and large pieces of paper

Jake is really into dabbing with paintbrushes - you could try him with some dabber paint pens.

Use all the creations to brighten up your picture wall... if the children are interested in butterflies they could help you cut their paintings into butterfly shapes... if the children like animals they could cut them into lions and tigers...

Hth :D